PROPERTY MANAGER I - HOURLY FT
Manage property for owners or property management company by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates:
- Maximize occupancy, collections, physical appearance, tenant retention and compliance.
- Establish and maintain a pleasant atmosphere and relations with tenants of the property. Maintain visibility, professionalism, and rapport.
- Be responsible for all day to day operations of the property.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remain current and knowledgeable of federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they related to the management of the property and the needs of the tenants, this includes Section 42 and Section 8 compliance.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional and client-orientated attitude.
- Coordinate timely collection and documentation of all revenues following lease obligations of tenants and the owner's policy on accounts receivable. Collect delinquent accounts promptly. Communicate with accounting department to ensure accuracy of rent roll and accounts receivable. Deposit receipts in the bank and enter into OneSite daily.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of loss prevention, risk management, safety/security, maintenance, marketing, landscaping, snow removal, and all other property operations.
- Assist Regional Manager with budget preparation and review. This document will be used as an ongoing accounting reporting tool and an aid to help make decisions for the property. Recommend and implement programs that contribute to profitability.
- Analyze and distribute monthly financial statements including operating variances from budget, cash management and strategies for collection of receivables.
- Administer leases on each project including analyzing lease clauses, preparation of vacancy reports, enforcing tenant compliance and performing landlord obligations. Identify leasing prospects and occasionally respond to routine leasing inquiries. Interface with leasing representatives/brokers and assist to assure spaces are leased/re-leased promptly.
- Market apartments and maintain waiting lists for all units. Respond to inquiries in a timely and professional fashion.
- Maintain complete and accurate property files and records, according to department systems, with an emphasis on documentation for future reference. Coordinate with Corporate staff on procedures for
processing and distributing information. Provide prompt, detailed and accurate general status reports on all properties assigned.
- Bid work for property improvement. Keep accurate records of current space conditions including roof, HVAC, utilities and special circumstances. At all times keep the space in condition to show.
- Engage, contract, supervise and approve invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the properties up to company and owner standards. Develop a network of emergency services and be available for 24 hour per weekend coverage as required. Forecast and manage replacement of major capital expense items including HVAC system, roof systems, parking lot surfaces, etc.
- Manage tenant relations and coordinate requests for repairs and maintenance, understanding of rent charges, lease issues and other tenant concerns. Complete regular property inspections, noting deficiencies and taking necessary action with approved budget guidelines.
- Responsible for hiring and training of staff. Ensure staff is always maintaining company standards and following company procedures. Assist with discipline when necessary.
- Adhere and ensure compliance to all Fair Housing laws.
- Ability to communicate positively and professionally.
- Strong resident/customer relations skills.
- Decision Making ability.
- Ability to maintain a budget.
- Ability to multi-task and get interrupted frequently.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job may also include outdoor and property work.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Employee must be able to move 20 pounds regularly and walk steps to complete regular visual inspection of property.Travel
Travel between property locations and to corporate offices is expected for this position. Must maintain a valid driver’s license.Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent vocational/technical training preferred.
- Two years of experience in property management preferred.
- Courses in property management and/or real estate preferred.
- CSM, CPM or RPA credentials preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CARDINAL CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INCMilwaukee, WI
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.