Wealth Management Intern - Fall/Winter 2022
- Expired: July 25, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
CAPTRUST is an investment management-advisory firm headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina. We provide investment advisory services to retirement plan fiduciaries, endowments and foundations and wealth planning services to executives, business owners, and families.
CAPTRUST operates as one unified practice where the backgrounds and perspectives of all colleagues are collectively leveraged to service our clients beyond expectation. We are building a world class organization “one brick at a time."
CAPTRUST is offering a paid internship in our Phoenix, AZ office that will provide exposure to the inner-workings of a wealth management firm with a robust tax practice. Hands-on learning starts day one in this fast-paced environment. This position will be trained on different aspects of wealth planning and and wealth management. The intern will also be trained on specific software used throughout the firm. Responsibilities include all aspects of a wealth management firm, including tax planning and compliance, assisting with client service, meeting preparation, software conversion projects, and administrative tasks. This role will be supervised by an experienced Senior Client Associate.
CAPTRUST interns must maintain professional and ethical standards, be well organized, service oriented, and capable of performing under tight deadlines. Obtaining course credit may also be possible, depending on the student’s program approval. We require a minimum of 16 hours per week to fulfill the need of the internship; hours will be flexible based on school schedule. Completion of an internship may lead to, but does not guarantee, future full-time employment. Apply today, we hire YEAR-ROUND!
- Assist on special projects (internal projects/client specific)
- Help team prepare for client meetings
- Attend client meetings in a support role
- Participate in cash flow planning/estate planning/cash management/balance sheet planning/ operational business planning
- Accepts and applies coaching and feedback
- Support the client services and administrative teams as needed/requested
- Based on business need, this role is to be performed on-site; this is not a remote or hybrid WFH role
To get it done the “CAPTRUST Way”, an individual should exhibit the following characteristics:
- Ability to build successful, collaborative, and trusting relationships
- Instinctive aptitude for consistently creating accurate, concise, respectful, and easy to understand verbal and written communications conveying complex information
- Has a strong sense of urgency about getting work done and solving problems to achieve results that benefit our clients and colleagues even when faced with challenges
- Possess a strong desire to give back to our communities and enrich the lives of those around us
- Emulates an other’s centered mindset
- Applies integrity through maintaining objectivity
- Actively pursuing Undergraduate/Graduate degree; rising Junior or Senior
- All School of Business Majors (Accounting, Finance, Economics, Financial planning or Taxation preferred)
- Significant interest in the workings of individual taxation and wealth management
- Strong critical thinker who is a strong self-starter
- High-level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask with proven ability to plan and achieve results
- Demonstrate highest personal ethics and integrity
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of information
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
At CAPTRUST, we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment where ALL colleagues feel authentically seen, respected, and supported.
CAPTRUST is committed to provide employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status and registered domestic partner status, citizenship status, military and veteran status, disability, protected medical condition, genetic information or any other status protected by law. CAPTRUST makes all employment decisions without regard to these protected statuses and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination.
BusinessView all jobs at CAPTRUST