Employee Relations Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHO are we looking for?
The CAPTRUST Human Resources department is in search for an Employee Relations Specialist to manage and oversee employee relations issues and concerns including conducting investigations timely, thorough documentation, provide recommendations, and resolve issues in a prompt and professional manner. This position is also responsible for proactively researching employment laws and regulations, recommending changes, maintaining policies, and practice compliance across multiple states. The Employee Relations Specialist will provide consultation and support on HR and employee relations topics including performance management, progressive discipline, and policy interpretation. The ideal candidate should have a deep knowledge of employment related regulations as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and collaborate a cross departments with other business partners, colleagues, and legal counsel. Additional responsibilities include:
- Identify, analyze, and resolve employee relation issues
- Update and maintain the employee handbook on an ongoing basis
- Maintain compliance with AA/EEO standards
- Assist with compiling and distributing results from employee engagement surveys and employee exit interviews
- Coordinate and manage logistics to offboard employees
- Administer annual non-harassment training
- Assist with annual employee awards program
- Perform other duties as assigned; this position is not remote
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in Employee Relations
- Understanding of ADA/ADAA and other leave of absences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point)
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and investigative skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Analytical with strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Knowledge of employment statutes and regulations
- Knowledge of equal opportunity and affirmative action requirements is a plus
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
WHAT can you expect from your career at CAPTRUST?
Our colleagues, like our clients, tend to stay with CAPTRUST for years. There’s a reason for it; it’s a great place to work and grow. We all work together, each of us motivating those around us with our commitment to high standards. At CAPTRUST, expect a fully stocked break room, fun employee events, and a quality team surrounding you with opportunities for personal growth.
Our Employee Benefits Package shows how much we value our team. Some benefits include:
- Employee ownership opportunities
- Brick Bonus success sharing program
- Comprehensive health coverage + Virgin Pulse wellness platform
- 401(k) program with a 5% employer match + financial planning for colleagues
WHERE will you be working?
We are open for the Employee Relations Specialist to work from any of the following office locations: Raleigh, NC, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, San Antonio, TX, and Sacramento, CA. #On-Site
HOW do we build a world class organization one brick at a time?
We make it a priority to hire those who have a commitment to service, a real interest in other people, and a burning need to improve continuously. Simply put: the difference at CAPTRUST is the quality of our people and the depth of our bench. If you are ready to make your mark, we want to talk to you.
Are you the next brick?
To get it done the CAPTRUST Way, an individual should exhibit the following characteristics:
- Ability to build successful, collaborative, and trusting relationships
- Instinctive aptitude for consistently creating accurate, concise, respectful, and easy-to-understand verbal and written communications conveying complex information
- A strong sense of urgency about getting work done and solving problems to achieve results that benefit our clients and colleagues, even when faced with challenges
- Inherent desire to give back to our communities and enrich the lives of those around us
- An other-centered mindset
- Integrity through maintaining objectivity
At CAPTRUST, we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment where ALL colleagues feel authentically seen, respected, and supported.
CAPTRUST is committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status and registered domestic partner status, citizenship status, military and veteran status, disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. CAPTRUST makes all employment decisions without regard to these protected statuses and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination.
BusinessView all jobs at CAPTRUST