CAPREIT owns and manages multifamily housing communities across the U.S. We are recruiting for experienced Maintenance Technicians for The Barrington apartment community located in Woodbury, Minnesota.
- Ensuring that the physical aspects of the property meet CAPREIT’s established standards and any applicable laws
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and providing general maintenance for HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and all other systems in addition to cleaning for the assigned community
- Responding to and complete service requests in a timely manner and notify the manager if work orders cannot be completed within 24-hours
- Performing preventative maintenance to ensure building systems operate efficiently
- Repairing and/or replace kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, and washers and dryers
- Preparing vacant apartments for move-in; including but not limited to carpet cleaning, painting and completing necessary repairs or replacements
- Maintaining community appearance by replacing lightbulbs, removing trash and litter, painting and performing repairs
- Assisting with grounds keeping, housekeeping, distribution of notices, apartment inspections, and other tasks as needed
- Providing plumbing repairs, replacements, and/or installations including repairing leaks and removing clogs in sinks and toilets
- Performing electrical repairs and replacement of light fixtures and related items
- Organizing, prioritizing, and executing work orders
- Interacting with residents and prospective residents in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner
- Safely operating power equipment and tools, using protective equipment when necessary, and following safety protocols and procedures
- Assisting in maintaining the inventory of supplies, tools, and equipment
- Performing all other duties, as assigned
- Must be organized and an effective user of time, with excellent communication skills.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation to respond to on-call emergencies, when needed
- Must have general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, appliances, HVAC, carpentry, and painting.
- Must own basic tools.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including weekends, participate in a rotating on-call schedule responding to residents’ emergency needs after-hours and on the weekends, and available to respond to weather or environmental emergencies
- Must have computer literacy skills
- Must be CFC certified with Type I & II or with Universal Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred