Pension / Nonqualified Plan Consultant
- Posted: over a month ago
CAP STRAT (Capital Strategies Investment Group) is searching for a Consultant to partner with our institutional clients to develop and execute the strategic management of their pension and nonqualified plans.
What is the opportunity?
The DB / NQ Consultant will lead CAP STRAT's pension and nonqualified plan service development and delivery as part of CAP STRAT's Advisory team.
Our Consultants are the front line of delivering client service and subject matter expertise to retirement plan clients, including defined contribution plans, defined benefit plans, and nonqualified plans. With the support of our analysts, operations, and principals, consultants lead client relationships.
Key duties include but not limited to the following:
- Leading the delivery of pension and nonqualified plan advisory services to CAP STRAT clients.
- Analyzing, recommending, and executing strategies to help clients manage their pension plan investment, funding, and liability reduction strategies.
- Analyzing, recommending, and executing strategies to help clients design and implement nonqualified deferred compensation plans, manage plan liabilities, and develop and monitor funding strategies.
- Design and enhance materials to deliver recommendations and reporting to clients, including funded status reporting.
- Partnering with team members to manage overall client relationships
- Managing projects and tasks on behalf of clients, including coordination within CAP STRAT team members, client contacts, and third-party contacts.
Who are we?
CAP STRAT is an independent investment advisory firm committed to using our expertise and leadership to help clients achieve their objectives. We provide institutions, individuals, and families with strategic leadership and independent advice because we believe that strong oversight and empowering clients to take action with confidence best aligns the success of investment program with client's overall objectives.
Our Advisory services deliver investment advice and strategic consulting to business leaders who manage retirement and investment programs. As a fiduciary partner, we facilitate prudent processes to oversee programs with excellence, educate on responsibilities and subject matter, and empower fiduciaries to act with confidence.
Our three founding Principals began their careers serving institutional clients in large consulting firms, boutique advisory firms, and brokerage firms, focusing on developing and implementing pension plan strategies, defined contribution plans, and private wealth management approaches - collectively, acquiring broad and deep expertise in asset management and retirement plan governance. Witnessing a gap in the market, our founding Principals identified that mid-size companies lacked access to high-quality advisory and consulting, comprehensive support, lacked internal expertise and dedicated resources to carry out strong governance. After launching our business and partnering with executives in the oversight of their corporate assets, we received growing requests to offer our comprehensive approach and expertise to individuals and families as well. From their prior experiences, CAP STRAT's founding Principals understood the inherent conflicts deeply rooted in the business models of classic advisory and consulting firms - including hidden compensation and pressures to cross-sell products - that are not always visible to clients. In establishing CAP STRAT, our founding Principals quickly recognized that to achieve true independence, ownership and other relationships with third parties must be eliminated, compensation must be transparent, and lines of business servicing other constituents must be eliminated.
Since 2009, CAP STRAT has partnered with clients as a fully independent SEC Registered Investment Advisor and a 100% employee-owned firm, existing solely to partner with client to achieve their objectives. Our primary office is located in outside Chicago in Oak Brook, IL.
Unlike other advisors, the full CAP STRAT team is responsible for the success of all clients. We've built a robust team of professionals including consultants, analysts, operations, and management to
offer wholistic support and a multidisciplinary team of professionals, directly accountable for client success.
As an organization we also prioritize giving back to the community by supporting a number of organizations whose initiatives inspire us. We do this both financially and through sweat equity - actively involved in their programming, activities and events. We have also committed our resources to building and maintaining the CAP STRAT Women's Forum, a community in which women can develop relationships and actively support one another's success through events, resources, and networking.
Job Location: Individual can work either in a total remote or hybrid office (Oak Brook, IL) arrangement. Must be open to possibly meeting with clients in Chicagoland area and Eastern region of the United States.
What experience and competencies are required?
- BS or BA Degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Five years' experience or more, preferably at least part in a client-facing role
- Actuarial experience or background and/or experience with qualified or nonqualified retirement plans preferred but not required
- Experience in using MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams
- Possess a professional demeanor with strong desire to focus on client service, strategic partnership, and consulting
- Proven ability to make positive contributions by going above and beyond, commitment to insatiable improvement
- Exhibited natural curiosity with a wide range of interests and desire to learn more
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills?
- Strong analytical thinking skills with excellent attention to detail, both quantitative and qualitative
- Willingness and ability to creatively solve problems
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting? with multiple deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
What is it like to work at CAP STRAT?
CAP STRAT's purpose is to empower our clients to govern their investment programs with excellence, and to empower our team members to thrive personally and professionally. As a fiduciary partner to our clients, we seek to cultivate a relationship based on trust and transparency. We believe we can make a difference in our clients' lives by creating fulfilling partnerships based on trust and transparency.
We accomplish these goals by focusing on and committing to our culture: mindset, discipline, client-focus, ownership, and communication.
As a smaller organization, we avoid traditional hierarchies and promote open communication and collaboration across employees of all roles and tenures. We look for opportunities to help employees grow their skill sets and build their own career paths.
What's in it for me?
- Healthcare Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holiday and Vacation Time
- 401k with company contributions; CAP STRAT financial planning and asset management services available to team members at no charge
- Being part of a unique and creative team-orientated culture
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Flexible work environment remote or hybrid
Capital Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: Consultant, Retirement Consultant, Institutional Consultant, Institutional Investment Consultant, Advisor, Retirement Advisor, Retirement Analyst, Benefit Consultant, 401(k), Benefit Plan Administration, Pension Consultant, Actuary, Relationship Management
CAP STRAT Advisory
AddressVilla Park, IL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CAP STRAT Advisory