- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing and directing the day to day operations of the Production Department. This is a hands-on position working in a fast-paced environment. The Production Supervisor will ensure that all safety, production, and quality standards are met while achieving on-time delivery commitments to our customers.
Essential Functions/Key Deliverables
- Adheres and enforces the established safety, environmental and product safety policies, and procedures. Ensures safety and housekeeping is maintained and validates that associated inspections are performed.
- Reads and analyzes production schedules to determine production requirements and evaluates current production estimates and outputs.
- Implements and establishes work procedures, processes and standards that support company and departmental goals and objectives.
- Maintains production, spoilage, and maintenance records for responsible shift and completes a shift end report.
- Trains and directs operators as required on machine set-up and operation procedures.
- Continuously inspects materials, products, and equipment for defects/malfunctions and coordinates the proper resources to address the issues.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the food safety program.
- Responsible for maintaining process quality in accordance with established customer and plant quality standards.
- Serves as the facilitator (in charge) of the plant during designated period(s) of time as directed by management.
- Conduct periodic reviews of employee performance and development.
- Maintains employee attendance, evaluation, and other necessary records.
- Responsible to schedule overtime, job assignments, vacations, and holidays.
- Ensures a positive and productive work environment is maintained within the crew, across departments and plant.
- Perform any other duty reasonable corresponding with the role.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with at least 3 to 5 years supervisory experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
- Proved track record of leading and mentoring others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – SAP experience helpful.
1400 East Lackawanna AvenueOlyphant, PA
ManufacturingView all jobs at CANPACK