- Posted: over a month ago
CANNON® Instrument Company is a recognized world leader in the manufacture and support of high-precision viscosity and measurement rheology products and services. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premiere-quality laboratory equipment has kept CANNON® at the cutting edge of research and development for viscosity instrumentation serving a variety of industries. We are seeking an Equipment/Production Assembler to work at our facility in State College, PA.
Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Team assemblers can perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis. Work directly in manufacturing on tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operation on mechanical and elector mechanical assemblies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform assembly on boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables of electrical and electromechanical assemblies working from drawings, diagrams and work instructions.
- Perform pre-assembly setup using drawings, diagrams, pictures, and work instructions.
- Pull parts from pick tickets for production.
- Inform Cell Coordinator of any “low quantity” parts.
- Label parts for reordering.
- Use tools as necessary to assemble electrical, electro-mechanical, electro-optical and sensor assemblies.
- Make continuity checks on assemblies and conduct quality inspections of assembled work.
- Operate Hypot and Ground-Bond test equipment to engineering specifications.
- Prepares and maintains test records and reports as required.
- Test equipment and sub assemblies.
- Perform necessary checkout procedures on assemblies
- Maximize the concepts of Lean Manufacturing
- Make proposals for changes necessary to improve workflow of assembly processes.
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- One (1) plus year experience assembling mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience using hand crimpers, cutters, wrenches, and other assembly tools.
- Knowledge of proper dies required for crimping selected pin and/or terminal.
- Experience with the fundamentals of ESD.
- Experience with multi-meters.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position frequently requires sitting, finger dexterity, talking, hearing, lifting (average weight 20#), visual acuity and operation of equipment. This position occasionally requires reaching, walking, standing climbing and crawling. This position rarely requires running, tasting, smelling and operation of motor vehicle.
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask multiple projects and tasks.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be agile and able to meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position will come into contact with solvents, flux removers and foam sealants. This position requires the use of safety glasses, rubber gloves and a lab coat.
Cannon Instrument Company is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
CANNON INSTRUMENT CO
AddressState College, PA
ManufacturingView all jobs at CANNON INSTRUMENT CO