Embedded Linux Engineer II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CANNON® Instrument Company is a recognized world leader in the manufacture and support of high-precision viscosity and measurement rheology products and services. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premiere-quality laboratory equipment has kept CANNON® at the cutting edge of research and development for viscosity instrumentation serving a variety of industries.
Cannon Instrument Company designs and manufactures mechatronic automated laboratory instrumentation that measures physical properties of materials, such as viscosity and material compliance. The successful candidate will work within the production development team to develop and maintain an embedded Raspberry Pi Linux system that will further expand our automated laboratory instrumentation product line. Successful candidates must be proficient with Linux system administration and hardware driver development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of system setup and System scripts to maintain a Raspberry Pi vased Linux system running
- Development of low-level hardware drivers, error handling, and event logging.
- Set up of device tree files for new Linux interfacing hardware
- Develop software in C, Python, or C# to measure physical properties and control instrumentation
- Interact with mixed disciplinary team members to define system requirements and develop products.
- Investigate new technologies and vet proposals.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Code documentation and maintenance of version controlled repository.
- Occasional travel to customer sites to fully vet product requirements.
- Occasional travel to attend trade shows and seminars relating to new technologies and products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Electrical/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of Linux development.
- Experience with raspberry Pi or other embedded Linux platform
- Experience with OpenCV or other Machine Vision desired
- Proficient with Bash scripting
- Proficient in Linux security and Linux System Administration
- Proficiency in C, C++ desired
- Experience with version control software such as Subversion or GitHub.
- Experience with embedded
- Strong debug and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently.
Cannon Instrument Company is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
CANNON INSTRUMENT CO
AddressState College, PA
TechnologyView all jobs at CANNON INSTRUMENT CO