CANNON® Instrument Company is a recognized world leader in the manufacture and support of high-precision viscosity and measurement rheology products and services. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premiere-quality laboratory equipment has kept CANNON® at the cutting edge of research and development for viscosity instrumentation serving a variety of industries. We are actively seeking enthusiastic, self motivated, reliant individual to fill our open position of Embedded Firmware Engineer II.
Work within the product development team to design, develop, and research new technologies that will further expand the product line of automated laboratory instrumentation. Provide hands on engineering expertise required for the research and launch of new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of applications for embedded processors with Linux and FreeRTOS using C, C++, and other languages for instrumentation measurement, control, data acquisition/ logging.
- Development of low-level hardware drivers, error handling, and event logging.
- Participate in the development of the board support package for an embedded Linux platform
- Interact with mixed disciplinary team members to define system requirements and develop products.
- Investigate new technologies and vet proposals.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Code documentation and maintenance of version controlled repository.
- Occasional travel to customer sites to fully vet product requirements.
- Occasional travel to attend trade shows and seminars relating to new technologies and products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Electrical/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related discipline.
- Three to five years of firmware development.
- Proficient in C, C++ with 32 bit ARM microcontrollers, SPI/I2C, DMA.
- Experience with stepper motors and brushless motor control.
- Experience with FreeRTOS and Linux.
- Working knowledge of PID control and tuning.
- Experience with version control software such as Subversion or GitHub.
- QT5 GUI development knowledge a plus.
- Strong debug and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently.
Cannon Instrument Company is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.