Licensed Practical Nurse
Who we are: CAMcare Health is made of a diverse and innovative team motivated to provide the best possible healthcare to communities in Camden and the surrounding communities. We live our values by providing primary health care to everyone regardless of their ability to pay at seven sites throughout Camden and Gloucester counties. Focused on leveling up patient care, we are incorporating technology, creative problem solving, and innovating healthcare every day
How you can make an impact:
As a Licensed Practical Nurse, you will use your communication skills to effectively relate with patients and other medical staff, and work well under pressure as part of a team. In this role, you will be reporting directly to a Nurse Manager while providing comprehensive nursing care.
What you will do
- Provide nursing care including administration of medications and injections to patients as directed by he Providers; immunizations; referrals to other providers and community health resources; and health instructions to patients following examinations.
- Monitor patient flow and, in the case of patient overflow, assists Medical Assistants in preparation of examination rooms, preparation of patients for exam, and taking of vital signs of patients. Performs other routine procedures (i.e., weighing and measuring, wound care), as necessary.
- Perform all CLIA/CLIS waived test.
- Assist Nurse Manager to adequately supply routine medical supplies; reorder supplies through established purchasing procedures and maintain adequate levels.
- Maintain updated file of referrals and provides referral information to Providers.
- Triage calls from Call Center and walk-in patients for the office.
- Assist in preparation of nursing, Medical Assistant and support staff schedules and assure that adequate coverage is provided to providers and clinical sessions.
- Provide direct and/or indirect patient care oriented toward improving or maintaining health and preventing illness.
- Observe patients, record significant conditions and reactions, and notify Provider of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Assist the Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Provider and CAMcare Health Corporation policy including patient and family instruction.
- Maintain and update patient charts, records, and information via EMR.
- Anticipate potential safety concerns in the environment of care and intervene.
- Rotate to other sites as needed
- Maintain electronic Nursing desktop
- Provide patient education and staff education
- Perform duties as assigned.
- Participate in nursing meetings as required.
- Coordinate clinical activities and follow-up.
- Participate in CAMcare Health Corporation collaborative quality improvement activities and develop Plan-Do-Study-Acts.
- Report any patient or staff issues to VP/Director of Nursing or Designee.
- Participate in ongoing quality initiatives.
CAMcare Health CorporationCamden, NJ
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.