Merom Generating Station is a 2-Unit, 1080-MW rated coal-fired power plant. The Technical Manager is responsible for leading the technical activities and coordinating the necessary technical resources to ensure safe, efficient, reliable, and economic plant operation. Oversees the proper planning, design, construction, testing, and acceptance of Merom Generating Station projects. Ensures plant performance is monitored to achieve strategic goals. Works with Station Manager and peers in achievement of company strategic goals as they relate to the Merom Generating Station concerning reliability, cost, safety and environmental compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Duties include development, implementation and administration of technical processes, work and project planning, procedural standards, and employee development to support the technical needs of the station.
- Provides leadership and emphasizes importance of environmental programs by attending required environmental meetings, and supporting CAMS goals.
- Serves as member of plant leadership team.
- Develop, implement, manage, and communicate the station's technical plan and revise as appropriate.
- Manage the station Management of Change process to ensure compliance and operational reliability.
- Manage compliance with corporate procedures, ensuring their full implementation and compliance, within the technical services group.
- Provide direction to the station's technical staff to promote technical support for projects at the station.
- Manage the completion and budgetary tracking of capital and O&M projects requiring engineering as well as ensuring new technical projects are sound and justifiable that meet the station and owner's needs.
- Leads support for the development and use of work scope packages for each activity performed during unit outages including all related pre & post outage activities.
- Leads support for the development of work order plan packages that include labor, material, equipment, Lockout-Tagout, technical support and Quality Assurance requirements.
- Improve the overall station safety culture by providing leadership, setting a positive example, and promoting / enforcing all safety policies and procedures.
- Promote productivity and teamwork with open communication, timely decision making, and use of leadership skills to set high standards of performance, while providing the direction necessary to achieve performance.
- Assign work and hold employees accountable for their performance.
- Provide regular feedback to employees on their performance to allow them to capitalize on their strengths and focus on opportunities for improvement.
- Work collaboratively with other departments within the station to ensure that appropriate technical expertise is available and provided to employees / contractors in a timely manner.
- Formulate appropriate strategies that support the overall strategy and manage development, implementation, and execution of assigned area goals, objectives, and initiatives.
- Provide input for monthly expenditure forecasts.
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data, and analysis.
- Use and maintain technical and professional knowledge, share that knowledge with others, and recognize/apply new technology in a cost-effective manner.
TechnologyView All CAMS Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.