Station Business Services Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Merom Generating Station is a 2-Unit, 1080-MW rated coal-fired power plant. The Business Services Manager is a member of the station Leadership team and is responsible for station supply chain, stores / inventory management, financial accounting, and business operations functions. The Business Services Manager’s Unit will provide first point of contact for employees and support of HR, Payroll / Timekeeping and Bargaining Unit concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall maintain diligent and accurate corporate policies and files.
- Directs the work of the accounting, supply chain, and administrative staffs.
- Directly support building the station based Business Services functional group.
- Works in conjunction with plant staff to develop annual O&M and Capital budgets.
- Maintains O&M and Capital budget variance reporting.
- In-depth or broad, knowledge of accounting and budget management.
- Experience negotiating and administrating > $1M valued contracts and services.
- Highly skilled professional with wide-ranging, advanced technical experience to resolve complex issues.
- Competent to work at very high level in multiple knowledge areas or functions as an advanced contributor.
- Works in and makes decisions on complex issues regarding project components and advanced tasks.
- Leads the research for innovations from external sources, and identifies opportunities to develop new processes, tools, services, and techniques within the function.
- Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Independently selects methods, techniques, analytical approach, and evaluation criteria.
- Oversee and track updates / revisions of non-safety based station policies / procedures.
- Regularly coordinates work of professionals, vendors, and others outside of own department.
- Trains and mentors’ employees in Station business acumen.
- Collaborate and solve problems – works with others to resolve significant issues, clarify, or interpret complex information, provide initial screening/negotiations. Routine contact with representatives internal and external to Merom Generating Station, as necessary.
- Maintains direct working relationship with personnel, payroll, accounting and procurement managers in the CAMS and Hallador corporate offices and other facilities as required.
- Shall maintain a strong knowledge of all contracts / master services agreements and maintains working relationship with legal counsel, internal auditors, government agencies, vendors, as required.
- Establishes administrative controls for all accounting functions in accordance with established policies and procedures, client requirements, and applicable government regulations.
- Responsible for supporting monthly accounting close activities
- Responsible for supporting monthly budget forecast and variance reports
- Maintains an understanding of power plant revenues and cash flow
- Responsible for Station based accounts payable functions.
- Performs the preparation of all required plant financial reports.
- Provides analysis of financial information & maintains reports, estimates of administrative costs and the preparation of forecasts and cost records.
- Responds to inquiries and audits relative to costs and billings.
- Implements and administers procedures for procurement of materials, tools, subcontracts, services and purchase orders
- Perform monthly trend analysis/reporting for assigned plants explaining from a year over year and month over month perspective.
- Self -Motivated to identify task that need to be completed.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
BusinessView all jobs at CAMS
Get fresh Operations Manager Station jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.