Maintenance Mechanic Technician - Chowchilla/Merced Bio-Mass Renewable
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Maintenance Mechanic Technician operates from specific and definite directions and instructions under moderate supervision. The Maintenance Technician encounters regular, recurring work situations of moderate complexity. Decisions are made within prescribed operating and casualty procedures and guidelines.
The Maintenance Technician must perform work in a safe manner resulting in no accidents, in compliance with all environmental permits always.
- Assist with the performance of preventive maintenance actions
- Assist with the performance of routine repairs to damaged or malfunctioning equipment
- Withdraw parts and supplies from inventory and complete usage reports to report such withdrawals to the plant's inventory control system. Assist in physical inventories
- Perform preparatory work such as rough filing, chipping, grinding, sanding, sawing, and scraping. Clean gasket surfaces and make and install simple gaskets
- Operate portable electric or air tools, such as drills, hammers, grinders, and lifting/rigging equipment. Operate heating units such as blow-torches, furnaces, oxyacetylene torches and perform rough cutting and burning
- Remove and make simple repairs to thermal insulation
- Maintain shop and location where work is performed in a neat and orderly condition. Complete other tasks as requested by the O&M Supervisor
- Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment as would be acquired in four years of high school
- Minimum of two years’ experience in any Maintenance Technical trade required
- Experience with piping and instrument schematics and process controls desirable
- Basic knowledge of power plant industry with Biomass experience highly desirable
- Must successfully complete a Maintenance Technician knowledge examination
- Working on feet for 12-hour periods, requiring stair and ladder climbing; and routinely lifting 75 pounds
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g., hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves, and high voltage protective equipment, etc.)
- Work with hazardous materials
- Position requires extended working hours and varied shifts with the possibility of weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, workload, and plant conditions. "On call" status will periodically be required
All employees will participate in the Fitness for Duty Program. This program includes a post offer physical examination and drug screening and post-employment random drug
There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.
We maximize the value of our clients’ assets by providing superior operational performance, tactical commercial optimization and strict financial controls. CAMS employs methodical and proven processes while exercising informed decision-making. Our experienced team treats every asset under our management as if it were our own.
At CAMS, we have a reputation for being creative implementers, flexible problem-solvers, and responsive troubleshooters. If there is an opportunity, we recognize and seize it. If there is a problem, we identify and solve it.
Consolidated Asset Management Services
AutomotiveView all jobs at Consolidated Asset Management Services