Business Services Analyst
- Expired: 14 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Merom Generating Station is a 2-Unit, 1080-MW rated coal-fired power plant. The Business Services Analyst provides support for Human Resource, Labor Relations, Employee Development as well as other services utilized by operations management. Oversees the procurement of and contracting for major construction and equipment requirements as well as other strategic requirements of a large dollar, high risk or complex nature as assigned. Handles supplier selection and qualification, prepares requests for proposal, facilitates pre-bid conferences, solicits bids, analyzes supplier proposals, negotiates terms and conditions, conforms contract documents, and performs on-going contract administration.
Works and communicates with project managers, technical staff, plant staff, finance, corporate counsel, outside engineering firms, suppliers, and other key stakeholders in facilitating procurement and contracting activities. Serves as the procurement specialist on major project teams as assigned. Works with the Purchasing and Contracts Team Leader to develop and carry out long term procurement and contracting strategies. Performs all duties in accordance with departmental and corporate policies and procedures and in support of departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists in implementation of Employee and Labor Relation Strategies to ensure minimization of employee loss and interruption to business operations. Serves as internal consultant to management supervisors and employees on performance, employee development, leadership, and succession management.
- Meets with key union representatives to foster relationships and address grievances. Represents the organization in grievances and arbitration and seeks to resolve disputes between workers and management. Contributes to other functional areas (such as compensation and benefits, recruitment, training, and development) as they pertain to the organizations unionized workforce.
- Handles routine labor relations and human resource inquiries related to policies, procedures, and bargaining agreements.
- Reviews electronic timesheets for all union plant employees and corrects any contractual or data entry errors prior to final approvals. Assists payroll in obtaining documentation as needed.
- Performs tasks associated with interviewing and hiring applicants, leadership development, employee relations, compliance reporting and data analysis.
- Accountable for continuous improvement and effective integration of Corporate Services functions including Human Resources, Labor Relations, Purchasing, Safety, Training and Security, Environmental and Information Services across all Divisions.
- Responsible for integration of company-wide policies and procedures.
- Evaluation of the level of support supplied by the Corporate Services department to the operations as determined by interaction with the Plant Manager and plant administrative representatives. Identify and convey areas noted for improvement to Corporate Services. Work with both corporate and the plant to stimulate best practices and ensure an improved and effective administrative support network for the company’s operations facilities.
- Responsible for human resources budget, including establishing annual human resources budget and identifying budgetary needs
- Works with project managers and project teams to determine appropriate contracting methodology for items being procured. Identifies and qualifies potential bidders and identifies and mitigates potential areas of risk. Serves as the authorized point of contact and subject matter expert for all contractual matters during the bid process. Utilizes scopes of work and technical requirements received from project manager to construct complete bid packages which address all commercial and risk concerns and clearly and concisely communicate all commercial and technical requirements to the supplier. Ensures the bid process is conducted in a fair and ethical manner by serving as the single point of communication with bidders, facilitating pre-bid conferences and preparing bid document addendums as necessary. Receives supplier proposals and coordinates team bid review and analysis, coordinates all bid clarification correspondence and meetings, makes supplier award recommendations, negotiates contract terms and conditions, develops final contract language, and works with corporate counsel and management to coordinate contract approval and execution.
- Manages contracts from award to closeout. Ensures supplier compliance with contract terms & deliverables, executes change orders and amendments, monitors and documents supplier performance and conducts contract close out procedures. Ensures all contracts are recorded and tracked in a centralized contracts database and all required documentation is filed in accordance with departmental policies and corporate retention policies.
- Provides leadership in developing key strategic supply contracts and procurement programs to achieve improved efficiency, reduces risk exposure and maximize cost savings. Establishes supplier improvement targets in cost, quality, delivery, inventory reduction and other key areas and ensures suppliers meet defined requirements, goals, and targets.
- Identifies, evaluates, and negotiates with suppliers that offer a competitive advantage to the organization. Manages the organization's RFP process and evaluates potential suppliers to ensure that cost, quality, inventory levels, and supply chain operations meet organizational needs. Tracks supplier performance and compliance with expectations or contractual terms. Identifies duplicated purchases across the organization and leverages bulk purchasing power to negotiate price discounts. Ensures that all purchasing activities comply with applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BusinessView all jobs at CAMS
Get fresh RATE Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.