Captain - Gulf
- Posted: over a month ago
***PLEASE NOTE - All positions are currently filled at this time. Please complete an application and you will be notified as positions open***
Campbell Transportation Captains and Pilots are responsible for the safety of vessel employees, the assigned vessel, cargo, and the environment. The primary responsibility is to navigate the vessel safely at all times, in all weather conditions, while navigating the inland waterways.
- Ensure that work completed during watch is done in accordance with Company safety policies and practices.
- Completion and submission of required vessel paperwork (safety, security, drills, etc.)
- Carry out all duties assigned under the Vessel Security Plan as the designated vessel security officer.
- Ensure that each crew member knows the cargo of each barge in tow and has an understanding of any hazards associated with said cargo.
- Participate in crew management, performance evaluation, general supervisory duties and management of the vessel’s budget.
- Complete required log entries using company computer systems.
- Accurate completion and submission of vessel payroll logs using company computer systems.
- Maintain radio watch as required.
- Give assignments and direction to all crew members under their supervision.
- Comply with all established vessel management policies and procedures.
- Maintain the vessel budget and help maximize cost efficiency as directed.
- Constant communication of instructions and/or information to crew members, land-based personnel, USCG or lock personnel.
Minimum Educational and Job Qualifications:
- Must meet USCG physical examination requirements.
- Must be able to work a 6 hour on 6 hour off watch (line haul) or 12 hour watch (harbor)
- Must have experience pushing barges (tows of 6 or more preferred).
Preferred Educational and Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience in a similar position within the marine transportation industry
- Prior experience in a safety-sensitive position
Must be able to perform the following:
- Traverse vessel, barges, and tows a minimum of two (2) miles per day.
- Transport 60 to 100 pounds and move 1000 feet.
- Ascend/ descend a 90 degree ladder up to 40 feet.
- Position self to move through 18 inch diameter hatch.
- Move (2) feet horizontally and vertically.
- Vision must meet USCG regulation
- Work shift a min. of 12 hrs.
- Must be respirator fit at all times and cleared for fit testing annually.
- Successful completion of Benzene clearance pre-employment with continued participation in the annual Benzene Monitoring Program
Note that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, and the list of job tasks is not all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned by management as needed.
Campbell Transportation Company, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CAMPBELL TRANSPORTATION COMPANY INC.
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at CAMPBELL TRANSPORTATION COMPANY INC.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?