Founded by a Doctor and a First Responder, Call the Car in PASADENA, is currently seeking Customer Service Representatives to join our team of exceptionally skilled and committed non-medical emergency transportation specialists. Since 2010, Call the Car has been dedicated to improving access to healthcare.
Under the supervision of the Call Center Manager, the Customer Service Representative speaks with members in relation to scheduling new reservations and troubleshoot existing reservations. The role’s success is determined by quality and quantity of calls.
- The Customer Service Representative will handle tasks from multiple roles when staffed outside of peak times when role specialists are unavailable; overnight, weekends, holidays.
- Provides continuous phone support.
- Creates and updates transportation reservations by phone, email, or fax.
- Verifies member appointment date and time.
- Communicates driver estimated time of arrival to callers.
- Activates will call pickups.
- Notifies dispatcher roles of any issues or changes made to standing orders.
- Processes cancellations and cancellation notifications to vendor.
- Coordinates trip status updates between drivers, members, and any other CTC staff.
- Completes daily vendor closeout process.
- Supports the dispatch and case management roles as delegated by leadership.
- Coordinates driver schedule updates in partnership with the dispatcher roles.
- May require evening and/or weekend and/or overnight work.
- Maintains clear communication between Members, Providers, Drivers, Appointment Facilities, Dialysis Centers, Dispatchers, and CTC Management.
- Maintains 100% accuracy with all aspects of the position.
- Notifies leadership immediately of all injuries, accidents, perceived/actual HIPAA breaches, and/or unusual incidents.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- 1 + year Customer Service experience preferred.
- Call Center experience preferred.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass government exclusion list at time of hire and monthly thereafter.
- Familiarity with various basic PC usage.
- Able to type at least 40 wpm.
- Take high volume of inbound calls.
- Make high volume of outbound calls.
- Availability to work any day and any shift; holidays and weekends.
Work Location:Pasadena, California
Job Type: Full-time