Excellent opportunity for an ambitious servicing technician, loan processor or closer to learn the private lending world and integrate the skills required in loan servicing, default management, post-closing and the rest of the origination process.
The successful candidate will have 2-3 years or more experience working in the mortgage lending industry as a loan processor, closer and/or funder. Duties of job include:
- Obtain, review, and file all post-closing documents such as recorded deeds of trust, title insurance policies, and evidence of property and flood insurance, and have corrected as needed. Update tracking system to enable monitoring of outstanding documents.
- Update loan servicing reports in order to facilitate effective monitoring of delinquent and past maturity loans at our third-party servicer.
- Communicate with borrowers and investors about the status of these loans and the resolution of issues outstanding.
- Review and approve signed closing documents from borrowers and lenders to ensure compliance with all requirements
- Setup file for third party loan servicer
- Start and monitor the foreclosure process
- Perform post funding audits of closed loans for investors and regulators
- Work under minimal supervision and fill in where needed in a wide range of duties related to processing, underwriting, funding and closing of California private residential mortgage loans from point of application to closing
- Must have at least 2-3 years of work experience within the mortgage lending industry
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to format spreadsheets and generate reports
- Ability to calculate various mortgage ratios and calculations essential to loan reporting
- Excellent organizational skills and communications skills
- Experience with Encompass Loan Origination System
- Have worked with national servicing companies such as FCI Lender Services, Inc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc)
- Experienced in organizing and filing documents in cloud storage systems and/or LOS
- Detail-oriented, self-starter and prompt
- Base salary and bonus structure salary based upon experience and work performance
- 8:30 am to 5:30 pm workday, five days a week, maximum 40 hours per week
- Reports to CALCAP corporate location in Pasadena, California
CALCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer