Seeking a Director of Capital Markets for a fast-paced and growing private money lender based in Southern California.
This position will be responsible for coordinating secondary marketing activities encompassing loan pricing, coordination of loan funding, investor delivery, and the effective management of secondary market investor relationships. Additionally, the position requires an ability to develop programs that can further expand CALCAP’s product menu. Conducting servicing portfolio analytics including loan performance and reporting to executive management are part of the responsibilities in this position.
This leadership role serves as a consistent resource to both production and operations staff in providing knowledge, experience, motivation, support, and advice. In addition, the Director of Capital Markets may be called upon to serve as a representative for CALCAP Lending, LLC throughout the industry via various leadership roles in conferences and the related industry or customer-facing events occurring throughout the nation.
- Seek new investors by matching investors with our loan programs, rates, and loan attributes
- Monitoring loan transactions and process through an understanding of the reporting of the loan origination system (Encompass)
- Processes loan tapes and commitments to Secondary Market investors and updates various systems and records Provides support to a loan originator for pricing inquiries and approves loan level pricing
- Produces daily pipeline reporting for business review and actions
- Develops and monitors pricing strategies
- Reconciles Purchase Advices
- Determines loan-level gain and/or IO spreads and executes according to best-ex model
- Hands-on product development, post-closing, shipping, purchasing activities.
- Supports final Trust Deed and Title Policy document receipt
- Monitors servicing portfolio for loan delinquencies and payoffs
- Manages multiple projects concurrently and seamlessly switch priorities as needed
- Manages various research projects, including tracking and analyzing industry benchmarks
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degrees in Finance, Financial Modeling, Accounting preferred
- 8 to 10 years of professional experience; 5+ years mortgage industry experience
- Closing and Post-Closing experience to a stable comfort level
- Comfortable and competent with technology – Outlook, Encompass, LOS
- Understands compliance regulations and lender guidelines
- Knowledgeable with evaluating standard loan documentation
- Ability to understand the high-level objectives
- Knowledge of applicable regulations