California Capital Real Estate is currently seeking an ambitious Commercial Real Estate Investment Analyst to join our team in Pasadena, CA.
· Interact with brokers to advise them of CALCAP’s acquisition criteria.
· Constantly review broker websites for prospective deals.
· Ensure that call for offer dates for focus deals are prioritized.
· Set-up tours for CALCAP’s senior acquisition team.
· Download offering materials, convert PDF financials and rent rolls to Excel as necessary.
· Load deal info into Acquisition Deal List and calculate Price/SF, Price/Unit and Cap Rate metrics.
· Analyze historical financials into the proforma model to understand revenue and expense trends.
· Analyze rent roll to understand in place rents, claimed market rents and realized rents on recent leases.
· Complete full proforma analysis as directed.
· Perform rent and sales comp analysis for ongoing acquisitions and portfolio mark-to-market.
· Assist with conducting pre-acquisition desktop diligence activities.
· Other ad-hoc research/reporting as necessary.
Requirements Education and Experience:
· Must be a student currently attending a 4-year college program; 3rd or 4th-year students are preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
· Fluent in the written and spoken English language and strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to exercise discretion and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Fluent in Microsoft Office suite of applications: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
· Ability to draft emails and other documents which are clear, concise, logically constructed and based on thorough analysis and sound reasoning.
· High level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
· Ability to think creatively – be proactive in conflict resolution and think outside the box to collaborate and find new solutions.
· Ability to multi-task in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Written performance reviews will be conducted after 30 days and the conclusion of the internship.
All reimbursable work-related expenses need to be submitted timely on an expense reimbursement form with copies of receipts. The Company is not paying for relocation costs to California. Approved mileage in excess of the daily commute to the corporate office will be reimbursed at the current I.R.S. cents per mile rate.
About CALCAP Advisors, Inc
CALCAP is a California based investment company that strategically allocates capital across various real estate opportunities. Our primary business includes acquisition and management of income producing commercial real estate and business purpose real estate lending.