Assistant Preschool Teacher
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Head teacher with classroom operations in a team-teaching setting that upholds preschool promise and licensing performance standards. The Assistant Teacher will support the development of a curriculum that is culturally responsive, and student directed, drawing from an eclectic array of curricula including Emergent Curriculum, Reggio Emilia, Constructivism, Creative Curriculum and Anti-bias educational approaches. in addition, individualized, daily and weekly planning are guided by assessments tools such as ASQ-3 and TSGold.
Location: Beaverton, OR
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate family involvement in our preschool and effective staff-parent relationships.
- Assist in developing and implementing appropriate lesson plans
- Assist in documenting and reporting observations of children daily in and outside of class
- Regularly document home visits, ILP goals and updates, and conferences
- Participate in the program's annual self-assessment as required.
- Schedule and attend staffing and IFSP meetings as needed for individual child and family.
- Complete appropriate internal referrals to discuss concerns regarding specific at risk children and families with the Office Manager
- Establish good relationships with families and involve parents in planning and implementing classroom curriculum.
- Assist parents in gaining awareness of child development and positive, effective parenting.
- Support parents and children in preparation for kindergarten and provide parents with kindergarten transition information.
- Attend all CAIRO Academy all-staff meetings and trainings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Experience:
REQUIRED: Two years of experience teaching 3-5 year old children in an early childhood education setting including a childcare center. Oregon Registry Step 7 or higher, or the ability to get there within the first year of employment.
Preferred Language(s): Somali, Swahili, Arabic, English
PREFERRED: AA in Early Childhood Education or CDA; 20 Semester Credits or 30 Quarter Credits in Early Childhood Education, Child/Human Development, Special Education, and/or Elementary Education. Oregon Registry Step 7 or higher.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Google Office (Docs, Sheets, & Drive), and troubleshooting skills.
- Required skills include: excellent oral and written communication skills; good organization/ planning skills; good analytical skills to read outcomes reports and measure a child's progress; and good computer skills.
- Knowledge of early childhood development and general principles of early childhood education and knowledge of developmentally appropriate curriculum for 3-5 year olds is required.
- Home visiting or other direct experience working with parents is preferred.
- Ability to possess and maintain compliance with the State of Oregon Criminal Background Registry.
- Ability to possess and maintain current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Oregon Food Handler's Card
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required to balance competing demands of callers, walk-ins and other interruptions. The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy.
Required Availability: Immediate availability until June 30th, 2022, Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm. Job will continue in September 2022.
EducationView all jobs at CAIRO