Manufacturing Process Engineer
CAFE ENTERPRISES INC. Cheshire, CT
- Posted: 26 days ago
- $45,000 to $55,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical
Responsible for performing general engineering tasks that optimize processing capabilities of the facility through process development and verification. The Manufacturing Engineer will analyze process flow, developing performance enhancements and monitoring production result. Duties will include the development and improvement of production processes, production techniques, and research and deploy any special tooling or fixtures required for the job, work instructions and process planning including detailed documentation. The Manufacturing Engineer is also expected to create and / or improve on systems that optimize the efficiency of material flow throughout the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
Develop the most efficient and cost effective manufacturing process, and sequence of production operations from blueprints, quality documents, and purchase orders.
Coordinate production processes by creating operation sheets and providing all manufacturing related information.
Create material process requisitions with technical data requirements for special manufacturing processes.
Develop most effective solutions to production and quality problems that are related to material, production processes and tools.
Manage product and process engineering related activities during the development stage from raw material to finished product.
Research and develop process sheets with proper work instructions for the operators, inspectors’ and shipping.
Will act as a liaison for the shop process development, integrating with management, shop personnel, purchasing, production control, vendors’ and customers to make the job as productive as possible.
Implement all Engineering Changes from the Customer to the process sheets, programs, etc.
Various other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Participate in training as required.
5-10% Domestic Travel required.
Must be able to lift, push, or pull at least 50 lbs.
Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend, and move about our facility.
· Associate degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical engineering.
· Must possess excellent skills in blueprint reading and interpretation, have the ability to understand customer requirements and specifications.
· Must have the ability to work with CAD Systems such as Solidworks and Microsoft Office to generate work instructions / process sheets.
· At least 5 years’ experience in precision milling, turning and grinding, developing processes for customer specific products and working with the customers as technical liaisons.
· Machine tool and fixtures design and manufacturing is a plus.
CAFE ENTERPRISES INC.Why Work Here?
Awesome Company - room for growth.
Staffing and Recruiting Agency