We are currently seeking a Financial Controller for our client in VAN NUYS. This is a full time position.
If interested, please email your resume ASAP.
- Plan and coordinate the accounting operational functions
- A/R, A/P, Billing, GL and Counsel, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Maintain financial reports and manage the budget process
Develop and monitor business performance
- Comply with local, state and federal requirements by studying new legislation; anticipating future legislation; alert management on needed actions.
- Coordinate preparation of weekly/ monthly / annual financial statements
Prepare and coordinate internal / external financial statements
- Monitor financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Assess accounting operations, suggest recommendations for future improvement.
- Advise benchmarks to measure the performance of company operations
- Additional controller duties as needed
Proven working experience as a Financial controller
5+ years of accounting and finance experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
3+ years of QuickBooks Online experience
Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, cost accounting, budgeting and cost control
principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
Excellent knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting standards, laws, and state/national
- with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close: 1 year (Preferred)
- Financial Controller: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks Online: 3 years (Preferred)
- accounting and finance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance