Apartment Maintenance Technician
CAF Management Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Position Title: Assistant Maintenance
Reports to: Property Manager/Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA: Non-exempt, hourly
Purpose: This job description provides an overview of the experience, essential functions, physical and other requirements, working environment and non-essential job functions for this position at CAF Management with or without reasonable accommodations.
Experience: General Maintenance experience is preferred. High school graduate or GED is preferred. Basic experience with computers (Word and Excel), Internet and email, and other relevant applications is preferred.
1. Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
2. Ability to interact well with co-workers, supervisors, guests, vendors, contractors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
3. Strong customer service skills.
4. Good organizational skills.
5. Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deal with moderate levels of stress.
6. Ability to work on-call 24/7 as scheduled; work weekends and after hours as necessary due to emergency or business need.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Check appliances to ensure they are in working order.
2. Inspect vacant apartments for damage to walls, doors, blinds, light and plumbing fixtures.
3. Change locks as required and provide management office with keys.
4. Determine amount of painting needed.
5. Complete Make Ready Checklist.
1. Complete work orders in a prompt and efficient manner and submit to Lead Maintenance at the end of each day.
2. Inspect grounds as directed.
3. Assist with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, freezes, etc.
4. Report all property and liability incidents at the property as soon as possible.
5. Be familiar with, understand and apply safety policies and procedures for the property.
6. Become familiar with equipment operation in a safe manner.
1. Will need to be on feet (50% to 100%).
2. Will need to perform the following physical activities (50% to 100%).
Rev. November 2019 Painter/Make-Ready Page 2
Perform routine painting/repair duties such picking up debris in make ready unit.
Routine duties require access to upper floor apartments and interior apartments with multiple levels. Will need to climb and work off a ladder.
Push, pull or lift
Move equipment, appliances, and open/close doors
wheelbarrows, dollies, buckets, etc.
reach above shoulders
Perform routine painting repairs, paint, stock, and remove equipment.
grasp/grip/turning and finger dexterity
Handle maintenance tools/equipment (hand or power), nails, measuring devices and open/close ladders, perform routine maintenance/repairs, use phone, 2-way radio.
3. Lifting/carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.)
Over 150 lbs.
Rare need (less than 1%)
Between 75 – 150 lbs.
Occasional need (1% to 33%)
Between 25 – 75 lbs.
Frequent need (33% to 50%)
Between 1 – 25 lbs.
Constant need (50% to 100%)
NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is often accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washers, dryers, air conditioning units, abandoned sofas, and refrigerators. Wear Personal Protective Gear such as provided back brace, when necessary.
1. Constant need (50% to 100%) to observe maintenance problems throughout property.
2. Frequent need (33% to 50%) to observe areas needing attention/correction.
3. Frequent need (33% to 50%) to read cautionary labels, respond to written instructions from staff.
4. Frequent need (33% to 50%) to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach.
Speaking, Hearing and Written Requirements:
1. Constant requirement to receive instructions from residential management and office staff (33% to 66%) for the purpose of receiving information and or direction.
1. Occasional need (1% to 33%).to utilize personal transportation to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors.
2. “On-call” status requires travel to the property on short notice.
3. Must maintain valid driver’s license and car registration and maintain proper automobile insurance if driving a vehicle for business purposes.
4. Must maintain valid driver’s license if driving a golf cart at the property.
Rev. November 2019 Painter/Make-Ready Page 3
1. Constantly outdoors, in all weather conditions, often for extended periods of time (50% to100%).
2. Constantly indoors in all weather conditions that may make the environment uncomfortable (hot in summer, cold in winter). (50% to 100%)
3. Constant exposure to paint fumes, solvents adhesives, etc. (50% to 100%). Example – apartment during painting and/or immediately during or after turnover. Employee must wear Personal Protective Equipment (N-95 Mask), rubber gloves and eye protection, when necessary.
4. Constant need to work in awkward or confining positions (50% - 100%).
Non-Essential Job Functions:
Other tasks assigned by your supervisor, not listed as essential job functions.
CAF ManagementWhy Work Here?
Wonderful work environment, growing company, promotes from within
CAF Management is a fast growing company that offers a competitive salary/hourly pay, a sizable housing discount at any of our properties, health insurance, 11 paid holidays, maternity leave and much more. Now is the perfect time to join our rapidly growing company with opportunities for advancement.
18665 Midway RdDallas, TX