Role and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Provides ground instruction for type rating courses, recurrent training courses and other training courses using various training tools as required
- Completes the appropriate client training records accurately and comprehensively to ensure client understanding and a seamless handover to other instructors
- Where necessary recommending remedial training for a client who is not meeting the required training progress
- Recording simulator and other training device use and discrepancies using the appropriate procedures
- Tracking the validity of personal instructional qualifications to ensure that he or she remains qualified to deliver training at all times in accordance with contractual commitments
- Acting as subject matter expert in creation of curricula and courseware when required
- Acting as invigilator when examination is conducted
- Work follows established procedures but the ability to adapt and innovate may be required
- Strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards process improvement & customer satisfaction
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast-paced environment
- Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly
- Ability to maintain strong customer orientation under adverse circumstances
- Scope to deal with some complex problems unsupervised
- Other more complex problems would be referred to supervisor
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Some decisions/advice may need to be made at short notice without prior referral to supervisor to rectify on-the-spot client or internal issues
- Extensive client contact
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Holds an instructor qualification
Excellent interpersonal skills
Extensive knowledge of the aviation industry
A working knowledge of the relevant aviation regulationsEDUCATION REQUIRED
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
CAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
CAE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 972-456-8347. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
As a Federal Contractor, CAE is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE" (one passionate and inclusive team), we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.