This software quality engineer position will focus on testing software applications developed for web, laptop, mobile, VR and desktop platforms. The candidate will work within a team of software and software quality engineers to build high performance, cloud based visualization and dissemination services based on high fidelity geospatial data sources.
**This position is located in Orlando, FL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform software test and quality assurance tasks as assigned
- Develop and conduct test procedures both for internal use as well as for formal customer acceptance testing
- Work with software development team to troubleshoot and resolve test defects
- Research and develop ways to advance testing methods for greater efficiency and accuracy
- Expected to work without constant supervision
- Report status on tasks and assignments
- Must be able to generate test reports, capture and track action items to closure and communicate status effectively
- Must be able to perform effectively as part of the project "team"
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, GIS, or related field required
- Experience using a source code repository such as BitBucket, Mercurial, GIT, or Subversion
- Experience using a defect management system such as Bugzilla, JIRA, or Fogbugz
- Analytical math skills necessary to complete the required tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to perform technical briefings to various groups and engineers
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
- Experience with Angular JS, Node, Ext.js
- Experience writing Python Scripts
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
- IAT Level 2 Certification (e.g. Security +)
- Experience using Docker within a Windows or Linux environment
- Experience with standard geospatial mapping tools such as ArcGIS, Global Mapper, Google Earth
- Experience with standard geospatial formats such as SHP, KML, IMG, TIFF, DTED
- Experience with open source geospatial tools such as QGIS, PostgreSQL, PostGIS
- Experience with GDAL, GeoServer, OpenLayers or ESRI APIs
- Experience with OGC Standards such as WMS, WFS, WPS, WCS, GeoPackage, 3D Tiles, IS3, or CDB
- Experience with Presagis products such as Terra Vista or Creator
- Experience with HTML, HTML5, CSS, XML, XSLT, and JSON
- Experience with development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, or TSP
- Experience with modeling and simulation technologies such as SE Core CVEM, AVCATT, CCTT, JCATS, JTLS, MTWS, MUSE, VBS2, VBS3, CACCTUS, JSAF, OneSAF, JLCCTC
- Experience with gaming technologies such as Unity 3D, Epic Unreal, OBJ, FBX, Improbable SpatialOS, and similar capabilities
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Must be able to sit down for long lengths of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to travel CONUS and to International sites
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an EOE/AA employer and give consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE USA has grown exponentially in the last year and continues to do so. Since last fall, our organization has grown by 65% - We went from 1,000 to 2,200 employees, and from 21 to 67 active sites both CONUS/OCONUS.
CAE USA is growing not only from a numbers perspective, but from a capabilities standpoint as well. In 2018, CAE USA established a separate business unit named CAE USA Mission Solutions Inc. This business unit is a subsidiary of CAE USA and operates under a Proxy Agreement with the United States Government. The Proxy Agreement enables Mission Solutions to pursue and execute special Department of Defense (DoD) programs.
CAE USA Mission Solutions focuses on the following market segments:
-Operations and Support Services
-Space & Missile Defense
-Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) services
-Assistance & Advisory Support Services
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment where all employees are valued, respected, safe, and rewarded. We value the contribution and talent of each of our employees as they help us achieve the culture to which we aspire. Our five CAE values are the essence of our identity and guide our actions every day. These values shape our company culture, balanced around our key stakeholders: employees, customers and shareholders.