C-130 ATS TSSC Simulator Software Engineer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
This position is located in Cheyenne, Wyoming
This position will focus on the development and deployment of Training Services Support Center (TSSC) level modifications to flight simulation training support devices. Responsible for implementing, testing and documenting simulation systems software changes to the baseline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications to include; UNIX/LINUX environment, programming languages (C/C++, FORTRAN) and Windows applications.
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test observation and certification of software.
- Perform a variety of specific professional engineering tasks of an analysis, design or test nature in support of the customer in a specialized engineering field such as software, mechanical, electrical, aerodynamics or electronics.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Follows applicable C-130 ATS Work Instructions and procedures for configuration management and engineering effort to perform the functions of the job.
- Support the TSSC Engineering group through all phases of software implementation and design on assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with Test/Evaluation personnel, Flight Instructors and Subject Matter Experts to evaluate and test software design implementation.
- Attend and participate in weekly and monthly meetings providing project and work status to upper level management and customer audience.
- Works under limited supervision. Must also be able to generate preliminary and detailed designs as required for enhancements or modifications to existing designs, requiring the application of current industry design concepts and utilization of basic technical writing skills.
- May provide technical direction to junior team members.
- Provide technical support for completion of technical studies and rough order of magnitude (ROM) efforts.
- Installs and configures approved software changes to training equipment, including site preparation.
- Develops test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Development and support of software technical specifications, vendor work scopes, technical manuals and drawings associated with hardware modifications.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Must also be able to generate preliminary and detailed software designs as required for enhancements or modifications to existing designs, requiring the application of current industry design concepts and utilization of basic technical writing skills.
- Draft changes to software-related drawings as required using industry standard drafting software.
- Applies established procedures where the nature of the system, project feasibility, equipment involved, programming languages to be used, etc., have already been decided.
- Applies theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical software engineering problems assigned.
- Selects or modifies proven methods, mathematical formulae, previous design and test information, handbook data, or other available information related to assignments.
- Prepares and completes the design of components or portions of moderately complex functional systems, working from overall operations, functional, quality, and similar design requirements.
- Performs liaison with and provides technical assistance to the test group during test preparation and actual testing phases.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or technical equivalent and 5 years of experience in simulation field.
- Previous experience and extensive knowledge of the UNIX/LINUX environment, programming languages (C/C++, FORTRAN) and Windows applications.
- Knowledge of Subversion database utilizing configuration management procedures.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Related skill areas should include technical writing and presentation skills.
- Must exhibit high performance and capability to work in a remote team environment
- Must be able to effectively deliver oral presentations to management and customers
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required.
- Understanding of military protocols and customs is essential
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
- Computer room environment.
- Shop floor environment.
- Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock from moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure.
- Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, and loud noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Domestic and international travel as required.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds over head.
- Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top or under the device.
- Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
At CAE USA, our purpose drives us. We are people training people to be better at what they do, allowing defense forces to be mission ready by delivering cutting edge technologies and training systems. With your help, we will work together to meet the demands and challenges of a changing world, and we will forge new growth and innovations far into the future
CAE USA is the premier leader in Flight Simulation.
CAE, based in Montreal, is a world-class training systems integrator and a foremost leader in training and technology for the defense, civil aviation, and healthcare markets. Tampa-based CAE USA is the largest segment of CAE’s defense and security business unit, focused on helping the U.S. military to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness. CAE USA serves the U.S., Central and South America, and select international markets. Recently, L3 Harris’ Military Training business segment was acquired by CAE USA, and with this highly complementary expansion, we are now able to meet the needs of our customers like never before. With nearly 3,000 employees dedicated to seeking out new opportunities ahead, CAE USA’s future is bright. At CAE USA, our purpose drives us. We are people training people to be better at what they do, allowing defense forces to be mission ready by delivering cutting edge technologies and training systems. With your help, we will work together to meet the demands and challenges of a changing world, and we will forge new growth and innovations far into the future
CAE USACheyenne, WY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.