Associate Electrical Systems Engineer-93858
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Who We Are:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customers’ training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE's Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
As an employee at CAE USA, you are not just an employee but a member of the Link family, where co-workers care not just about their work products but our customers, the community and each other. CAE USA Hardware Engineers are part of the program team which strives to not only meet but exceed our customers’ expectations. Electrical Systems Engineers design computational systems architecture, power distribution systems, and user interface hardware (for both students and instructors) for real-time simulation applications using established design techniques; and work closely with other engineering disciplines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to apply sound engineering principles and develop innovative solutions to ensure designs meet customer, safety, and program requirements
- Provide electrical design and development work products for various simulator systems
- Coordination of design activities with fellow electrical, mechanical, systems and software engineering team members
- Support peer reviews for engineering designs
- Perform and document electrical power load analysis, electrical signal integrity analysis, electrical system interface analysis, etc. when required
- Support development of electrical documentation
- Support development of hardware subcontractor specifications
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience required
- Experience with CAD development tools, preference to AutoCAD
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, interpersonal, and listening
- Proven success in a fast-paced development environment and possess a willingness to take ownership, accept accountability, and thrive under pressure
- Ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret DOD security clearance
- Flexibility to support occasional overtime, weekend work, shift work and site travel (CONUS)
- General computer skills including use of Microsoft Office products
- Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
- Understanding of ANSI and ASME standards.
- Familiarity with Mil Standard parts
- Familiarity with DELTEK / Costpoint and MRP
- Prior Military Experience
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. This role also works with various aircraft simulator equipment (avionic cockpits, visual systems, electronic cabinets).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
At CAE USA, our purpose drives us. We are people training people to be better at what they do, allowing defense forces to be mission ready by delivering cutting edge technologies and training systems. With your help, we will work together to meet the demands and challenges of a changing world, and we will forge new growth and innovations far into the future
ManufacturingView all jobs at CAE USA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?