PL/SQL Application Developer
Job Category:Information Technology
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Secret
Percentage of Travel Required:None
Type of Travel:None
CACI's Agile Solution Factory (ASF) is hiring an experienced software developer to support a key program in Ashburn, VA. Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the Best Practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Defense.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight
- Performs database analysis, design and development, security support, and performance tuning.
- Develops stored procedures and/or triggers using PL/SQL.
- Acts as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success
- Provide significant improvements to the product(s) being supported
- Active participation in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases
- Support release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines
- Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
- Provide input on best practices and procedures
- Developing new and refining existing process to enhance quality and productivity
- Provide mentoring to junior members of the team
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with at least an interim DOD Secret clearance or higher
- Professional Experience: at least seven (7) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation.
- Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Acts independently to expose and resolve problems
- Experience with continuous integration tools and environments.
- Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred)
- Experience with Oracle PL SQL Development including Stored Procedures, Constraints, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers and Cursors.
- Working experience with advanced PL SQL concepts and features such as Analytic Functions and Hierarchical Queries
- Experience with database tools like SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), TOAD, PL SQL Developer and SQL Plus.
- Experience in Creating and Maintaining Database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Synonyms, Object types and Collections.
- Experience with database design and stored SQL procedures
- Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts
- Ability to identify and manage risk
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Technical Certifications, such as OCP; CSM; Security +.
- Experience with the Force Management System (FMS)
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Direct experience providing production support for Oracle databases; experience with Oracle tools
Working Experience with Data Warehousing and OBIEE
- Possess working knowledge of Oracle's Advanced Security Option (ASO).
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.