Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Job Category:Information Technology
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Top Secret
Percentage of Travel Required:Up to 10%
Type of Travel:Local, None
More About this Role:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing information assurance support for digital information, ensuring its confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Responsibilities include the maintenance of authorization to operate IT systems, monitoring and testing of IT systems for vulnerabilities and prevention of compromise, support to incident response and remediation, implementation of appropriate policy, relevant user security awareness and training, and compliance with applicable government policies and directives.
- Draft, prepare and maintain system security plans (e.g., SSP, RMF, IA SOP, SCTM) in accordance with the requirements of NISPOM, JAFAN 6/3 and ICD 503 for Assessment and Authorization (A&A).
- Maintain day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of IS including security event log review and analysis. Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies.
- Provide support to the Information System Owner for maintaining appropriate operation information assurance (IA) posture for programs.
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional
- Monitor and resolve Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to mitigate system vulnerabilities on assigned Information Systems
- Assist with workstation design and install of new network systems
- Travel to other company locations, customer sites or professional training in support of duties as necessary
- Perform as Data Transfer Agent (DTA) for multiple networks.
- Perform as a primary agent for Two-Person Accountability (TPA) controlled areas.
- Support the FSO in managing operational and physical security at the facility, to include, SCIF open/close duties
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- The candidate must possess a (in-scope) Top Secret clearance however employment is contingent upon the applicants ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with FSPG
- Education: BS/BA or equivalent work experience or
- Experience: Minimum5 years of related work experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications
- DOD 8570.1 Certified, Security+ required
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of XACTA, OBMS, PKI tools
- Understanding of NIST Risk Management Framework
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Working knowledge of SAP A&A
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.