Enterprise Software Solutions Architect (Remote)
CACG, LLC Odenton, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Enterprise Software Solutions Architect will have the opportunity to support the development of software services, implement Enterprise-wide IT Modernization, and collaborate across teams to instrument strategic innovations for key mission critical systems. This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment (and systems) under a common technology framework to better support the current services provided.
This individual will partner with government stakeholders, domain architects and engineers, and Product Managers within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) construct to lead an enterprise level system of systems technology road-mapping, next generation technology insertion, and modernization of development efforts through identification of enablers and efficiencies across the defined enterprise space.
This individual will also work closely with the customer Technical Director and Architect Lead to implement a program-wide technology vision focused on key portfolio technologies, and Data, while incorporating Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and a cloud-first approach.
As part of the modernization program, the enterprise software architect will be responsible for providing architecture and development guidance across the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including requirements definition and prototyping, software design, implementation, testing, and maintenance, with a specialization in streamlining solutions to derive operational efficiencies that may adopt and use AI/ML.
- Define software requirements, both functional and non-functional, as high-level epics/capabilities, features and user stories to support SAFe Agile methodology
- Architect complex software systems using a hybrid cloud architecture and microservices
- Define and communicate architectural guidelines for software systems architecture and design
- Design software using industry standard design patterns and best practices to improve maintainability, flexibility, performance, security, and availability
- Lead the enterprise software architecture planning and development processes, generating engineering tradeoff studies and solution designs to guide detailed level designs and the related execution
- Work with the system engineering team to elicit customer requirements and develop system engineering models using a model-based engineering strategy (UML and SysML)
- Continually drive alignment between product, technical requirements, architecture design and detailed implementation
- Define and manage interfaces between the enterprise software system modules, generating design strategies to maintain useful abstraction barriers between components and facilitate appropriate information (data) transfer
- Analyze full system performance data to identify cross-system trade-offs, trace high-level issues back to requirements and specifications, and identify cross-module solutions for issues
- Serve as a point of contact for system-to-system-level engineering challenges
- Produce and or guide the solutions architecture related documentation for a complex architecture and engineering system while maintaining accurate configuration and dependency artifacts or data
- Provide a view of technical risk to leadership based on software or system analysis and technology readiness
- Ensure portfolio level releases are production ready by collaborating with the required internal or external stakeholders involved in configuring and executing appropriate performance, technical/stability tests
- Proactively monitor software, system or solution level metrics seeking out potential issues before impact to production service levels
- Follow DoD operational processes ensuring auditability and compliance with at least DoD, NIST and ISO standards
- Continuously improve and evolve architectural and engineering best practices and technical solutions
- Drive service quality improvements by undertaking thorough root cause analysis and leading corrective actions directly and as part of the release cycle
- Evaluate service and infrastructure usage to effectively manage performance, capacity and cost automating solutions wherever possible
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or relevant STEM discipline with 8-10 or more years of experience (6-8 or more years of experience with MS degree)
- Minimum of 5 years software architecture, development, software engineering and DevOps background with a passion for delivering high-performance, quality software
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Software and System modeling tools and or data analysis tools
- Experience with or training in formal systems engineering techniques (requirements writing, validation and verification, etc.)
- Experience working with the Department of Defense or similar Federal Agency (significant commercial experience may substitute)
- Experience working across system or subsystem boundaries and teams to solve a complex engineering problems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Must be a US Citizen
CACG, LLCWhy Work Here?
Experience working with a team of smart and driven professionals at one of the hottest growing consulting startup
CACG is a technology strategy and management consulting firm providing innovative solutions for public sector clients. For more information, visit our website : www.CACGLLC.com
1751 Pinnacle DriveOdenton, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at CACG, LLC