BSC Customer Service & Retail Sales Associate
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
CABVI at the Island Express BSC is seeking a Customer Service and Retail Sales Associate I for our Naval Station in Newport, RI. to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Base Supply Center (BSC) store.
**NO NIGHTS/NO WEEKENDS**
Sign on Bonus with Hire!
- Assists in all aspects of store operation.
- Solves problems as they arise with customers. Maintains beneficial professional relationships with Base personnel to encourage sales.
- Designs product displays and signage to enhance sales, and monitors store competiveness with the local community. Identifies new products by interacting with customers and end users.
- Ensures store is kept clean, safe, properly stocked and inviting to customers.
- Receives inbound stock, noting correctness and condition.
- Makes sales calls to on- and off-base organizations to increase sales.
- Works closely with CABVI point of contact to resolve issues.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Consistently achieves annual performance objectives.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Retail or military experience a plus.
- Regularly must move or lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be proficient in use of point of sale system, inventory control and bar coding requirements
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks and quickly resolve issues fairly and honestly.
- Must be willing to learn new technology.
- Must be able to balance a relationship between military and commercial methods of conducting business, and understand the retail needs of military personnel.
- Pursuant to the Executive Order on Requiring COVID 19 Vaccination for Federal Contractors, this position requires full vaccination against COVID 19 prior to entry on duty, subject to such exceptions as required by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
CABVI offers a generous benefit package along with a family friendly work environment. We offer three health insurance plans to choose from along with dental and vision insurance. A retirement benefit through a 403(b) is offered to include employee and employer contributions. We also have paid time off, all paid federal holidays off, no nights or weekends, paid family leave, employer sponsored life insurance, along with many other employee sponsored benefits.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
47 Chandler St.Newport, RI
BusinessView all jobs at CABVI
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?