Member Services Representative
- $21 to $23 Hourly
The Member Services Representative is responsible for providing a variety of transactional teller services and the highest quality of member service to members by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Providing account information, resolving issues, and professionally handling the members’ daily needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES, INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist members with remote access in a professional manner.
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union services or policies.
- May reply to email or other electronic requests submitted by members, again providing professional, prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information.
- Reply to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, and/or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Handle requests from members for transfers of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, CD transactions, line of credit advances, and any other requests received from members.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member’s needs.
- Process member mail transactions.
- Mail receipts and checks to members as indicated by policy and procedure.
- Provide information on investment alternatives to members wishing to deposit funds with the credit union.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan-payment discrepancies.
- Assist members in balancing their accounts.
- Assist members with the proper completion of payroll deduction and direct deposit cards.
- Assist members in opening individual retirement accounts.
- Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by Member Services Representatives.
- Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Credit Union.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.Requirements:
- Minimum of high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of 1 year member/customer service experience or equivalent, in a financial institution, Credit Union is preferred.
- Knowledge of establishing new account, developing relationships, loan consultation, service delivery, following policies and government regulations related to financial institutions
- Effective people skills, including excellent communication skills, including active listening, and providing clear direction
- Requires the ability to communicate courteously and professionally, both in writing and verbally.
- Detail oriented, well organized and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Computer proficiency required Microsoft Office (Word and Excel). Various Credit Union systems experience preferred.
- Excellent cash handling/Balancing
CABRILLO CREDIT UNIONSan Diego, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.