MN/IA/SD/ND Market Area
Client is in immediate need of (1) Tower Technicians in the MN/IA/SD/ND Market Area. The identified person can start as soon as identified and passes all checks. Need is ASAP.
Responsible for daily construction duties directed by the lead and tower crew, ensuring that work is performed in accordance with all safety and quality guidelines and expectations. Work items include digging trenches, grounding, cad welding, stacking towers, installation of antenna’s, all types of antenna mounts, coax lines, TMA’s, RF jumpers, remote electrical down tilts / Bias-T’s, remote radio heads, fiber/DC Hybrid cables, sweep and PIM testing, site audits and maintenance type items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Attend all required safety meetings
- Perform all daily site safety analysis meetings, PPE and equipment inspections and safety kit and equipment inspections
- Proper use of all safety equipment and adherence to all safety procedures
- Identifying and stopping a job when confronted with an unsafe work environment and/or crew actions, equipment failure.
- Adherence to OSHA / NATE / customer and industry wireless standards and quality
- Perform ground construction activities such as digging trenches, grounding, cad welding, terminations, fastening, proper bolting and antioxidant use, support of leads and tower crew
- Distribute, pick-up and organize tools and materials
- Run errands as directed
- Operate construction equipment, such as electric/hydraulic winches and capstans, etc…
- Perform all work in a timely and efficient manner while observing safety and quality guidelines and expectations at all times.
- Maintain and track all customer and company assets including trucks, trailers, test equipment, tools, PPE, safety kits, material, etc…
- Resolution of ground punch list items during the course of a normal project schedule and in advance of any customer inspections
- Accurately complete travel expense reports and timesheets on time
- Professional customer interaction
- Performs other duties as requested by Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of High School graduate or GED equivalent are preferred along with 1-2 years of related wireless experience
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have safety & rescue along with climbing certification (Comtrain or equivalent)
- Must be willing to attend OSHA 10 and 30hr classes / CPR / First Aid
- Must be able to pass a drug and background test
- Operation and adjustment of commonly used tools in the wireless industry efficiently to support ground work
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, regulations, instruction manuals, blueprints and specifications
- Travel as needed
- Overtime as needed including nights and weekends
- DAS experience is a plus
- Computer literate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position,
- Must be able to climb at high heights at least over 15 feet up to 300 feet in the air and must be able to work on roof tops
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 – 70 pounds
- Employee needs to remain under the total body weight of 270 pounds to stay within the guidelines of our safety equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- While performing the duties of this job will require outside weather conditions w/ occasional exposure to inclement weather conditions
These certs are required to be accepted to this position.
- RF Awareness
- First Aid
- OSHA 10
- Competent Climber