Under general supervision, this position is responsible for ongoing analysis of data and information, obtained from a variety of sources to ensure management and staff has actionable information to ensure quality data entry and integrity and contribute to meeting contracted performance measures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversees, collects, compiles, analyzes, and interprets workforce data and information data for the workforce system, management and staff.
· Uses all reports generating methods and information technologies to extract, compile and analyze data; uses TWIST & WIT Web, ad-hoc and related methods to develop reports, review the information and provide meaningful feedback to management and staff.
· Provides detailed analysis of the data in support of the workforce system goals and provides staff with the tools to monitor and achieve performance targets.
· Participates in strategy development to meet/exceed performance measures.
· Provides quality analysis & workforce planning.
· Prepares and provide presentations for staff to individual or in a group setting.
· Provides technical assistance to staff regarding workforce programs, performance measures, and/or related policies and procedures.
· Runs ad hoc reports to meet requests and needs and utilizes external software to collect and analyze data.
· Apply proven principles of theory and design to build and manage a database.
· Implement best practices in information technology management.
· Determine significant features, advantages and disadvantages of various database systems.
· Provides monthly scorecards to gauge career center and staff performance.
· Monitors center staff caseloads and shares information with management.
· Reviews and processes data integrity (DINT) requests.
· Reviews and processes deletion requests.
· Reviews and processes merge of customer records requests and change of customer social security number requests.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Bachelor degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field of study and 2 years of experience working in the public or private sector, preferably in a field of workforce development, or
· Associate Degree from accredited college with 4 years of experience working in the public or private sector, preferably in a field of workforce development, or
· High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited educational institution with 6 years of experience working in the public or private sector, preferably in a field of workforce development.
· Prefer knowledge of workforce development programs, economic development, business intelligence, business trends and project management experience.
· Prefer work experience in a performance based environment, public or private, the ability to analyze and interpret information and data and provide relevant feedback for action.
· Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate and provide guidance to staff and management.
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively and interact with all stakeholders; ability to develop solutions.
· Strong knowledge of effective management techniques and practices, including planning, developing and implementing strategies and assessing results.
· Analytical and problem solving skills.
· Must have a working knowledge of, and be familiar with Windows operating systems and client/server hosted and on-premise applications.
· Microsoft SQL database querying, scripting, and administration.
· Time management skills to stay on target with goals.
· Detail orientated and strong organizational skills.
· Excellent computer software skills for database and spreadsheet; advanced skills in Microsoft office suite, including Excel.
· Strong documentation skills.
· Extensive knowledge of workforce information systems, TWIST, WIT, and other relevant management information systems.
· The position is in the Workforce Solutions service delivery area. A Data Analyst must be able to relocate anywhere in the service delivery area.
· Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with management, coworkers, workers from other programs as well as the public.
· Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands for finger coordination, reach with arms and hands, pulling standard file cabinet and vertical file drawers, lift/carry 10 pounds of paper, drive a vehicle, stoop, kneel, talk and hear. Occasional travel required.