- $80,000 to $85,000 Yearly
We are a friendly and collaborative work environment looking for a full-time Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate enjoys problem-solving, creative thinking and collaboration. The Engineering Manager will work daily with Engineering staff, Purchasing and Sales departments, shop employees and report directly to the President.
- 5+ years management experience
- 2-year college degree minimum
- Excellent communication skills and highly organized
- Extensive knowledge of CAD and ability to produce technical drawings
- Assist in the design, manufacturing, and assembly of assigned jobs as requested by Sales department
- Reporting directly to the President any necessary information and/or resources required to manage Engineering efficiently
- Managing direct reports schedules including vacation/time-off requests and overtime
- Aid HR in the hiring/termination process and disciplinary actions for engineering personnel
- Training for all Engineering/Estimating personnel
- Managing and implementing, as necessary, projects as assigned by President, including but not limited to research and development and technical input as it relates to marketing
- Ensuring testing agency compliance including safety, current photometry, managing and implementing R&D.
- Communication and input to Management all necessary information to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of the Engineering Department; communications include being proactive with input on new and existing products, as required
- Attend all upper management level meetings and offer opinions, advice, and expertise to maximize company revenues and net income
- Ensuring the accuracy of technical specifications on drawings
- Creation of submittals, part drawings, working drawings, etc. as needed to meet deadlines/sales requirements
- Creation of bills of materials/material request forms (MRFs) as required
- Miscellaneous vendor communications as required
- Communication with office/factory personnel as required to discuss drawings, job related information, assembly/fabrication production, material requirements, finishing, processes, etc.
- Back up Engineering/Estimating personnel as required.'
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- One location
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
C.W. Cole & Company, Inc. is one of the oldest family-owned lighting manufacturers in the United States, having been established in 1911.
Cole lighting is now owned by third-generation brothers Steve and Don Cole, with fourth generation members, Katy Cole and Sean MacFarlane, already on board. Today the company splits its product mix between high-quality standard product lines including Step Lights, Downlights, Plugging Boxes, Sign lighters, Church Lights, Signage; and, a very diverse mixture of Custom Lighting such as Light rail illuminated handrail, interior and exterior luminaries, retrofit LED Step lights, and historic fixture refurbishment and replication.
Cole Lighting is confidently growing to meet the needs of the industry, taking great pride in working with new developments while bringing the highest standards of quality craftsmanship to support the lighting design community
Cole has provided lighting for many of the most significant projects in the country, working with designers in all areas to develop fixtures which meet a wide range of requirements. Custom lighting remains as the most interesting aspect of the business, as each job presents its own new challenges.
A 112 year old family company that feels small and friendly but with an international unique manufacturing business.
C. W. Cole & Company, Inc., "Cole Lighting", is one of the oldest lighting manufacturing companies in the United States, having been established in 1911. It is now owned by third-generation family members, brothers Steve and Don Cole. Today the company splits its business almost evenly between its standard line of products including Steplites, Darkroom Safelites, Exits and Directional Signs, Plugging Boxes, and Downlites, and its Custom work, including Lightrail illuminated handrail and all types of custom fabrications, from modified simple boxes to elaborate bronze chandeliers. Cole has provided lighting for many of the most significant projects in the country, working with designers in all areas to develop fixtures which meet a wide range of requirements. Custom lighting remains as the most interesting aspect of the business, as each job presents its own new challenges.
C.W. Cole & Company, Inc.
2560 Rosemead Blvd. South El MonteMontebello, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.