C.R. England Global Transportation, Inc. is a stable, financially sound company with opportunity for growth within the company. As a 99-year leader in global transportation, C.R. England Global Transportation is hiring Fleet Managers in our Corporate Headquarters in West Valley City, UT.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 98 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade. We will continue growing as we approach our second century.
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
The Fleet Manager is at the very center of a fast-paced strategic environment. Our customers require individuals who think strategically and plan ahead of rapidly changing situations while maintaining a positive team oriented attitude. FM’s must be organized and engaged with the team.
The Fleet Manager will manage asset utilization and drivers to ensure high delivery of customer service and fleet profitability. Additionally, the FM assists, coaches and mentors drivers with all training and administrative items.
Schedule - Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm (plus occasional weekends)
- Extreme Multi-tasking
- Contacting Drivers to Swap Loads
- Handling urgent situations in a professional manner.
- Tracking Drivers, Loads, and Receivers
- Dealing with multiple customers at once
- Handling approximately 30+ Drivers
- Working with Load Planners, Driver Managers, and Service Advisors within C.R. England.
- Negotiating situations to meet expectations of customers and C.R. England.
- Dealing with Logistical problems
- Planning future workload
- Conflict Resolution
The ideal candidate is a professional with excellent communication, management, coaching, leadership, and organization skills.
- Direct Management with day-to-day operations experience preferred.
- This job is highly demanding and requires patience and professionalism.
- Motivated to work in a fast paced environment.
- Very dependable and takes ownership of work processes
- Adaptable in a flexible environment.
- Assertive and competitive
- Transportation industry experience preferred.
- AS400 system knowledge preferred.
- College degree is preferred.
C.R. England offers a competitive benefits package that includes, medical, dental, life, vision, vacation, and 401K. The C.R. England Salt Lake Campus has an on-site gym, medical clinic, chiropractor, and an on-site vehicle-leasing program for all employees.C.R. England has grown 100% in the last ten years and seeks to continue its exciting success. Utah Business ranks C.R. England as Utah’s 2nd largest private employer. Our outstanding growth represents tremendous opportunity for those interested in leadership and management careers. Our hiring process focuses greatly on those interested in long-term career possibilities and encourages career-minded individuals to apply.