C.R. England, a leading transportation solutions provider, is interested in hiring a Commercial Service Manager for our Dedicated Division.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 100 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade. We will continue growing as we approach our secon
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
The person in this role is responsible for assisting leadership in the development and implementation of commercial strategies as set forth by company and divisional goals with the primary objective of accelerating growth. It will require heavy interaction with several other departments. This individual will help accelerate the sales process by assisting the Dedicated business development team in researching and cultivating prospects and initiating new prospect calls. Dedicated prospects may include front line associates but focus mainly on director level and executive position titles due to the nature of the dedicated sales process.
- Responsible for working closely with the Dedicated business development team in identifying, assessing and prospecting new customers
- Develop/fine tune processes and maintain departmental discipline to ensure pipeline growth while maintaining contact with potential customers knowing the average dedicated bid cycle is 3 to 5 years in length
- Support business development and pricing group in completing RFI, RFP and company data within timelines required by customer
- Update/maintain, export and disseminate weekly Dedicated business development data for sales and operations groups to include executives
- CRM management for Dedicated Business Development (BD) - accounts, contacts, opportunities/pipeline, data reconciliation & advanced find query management
- Accountability slide data keeper /gatherer for presentations each 4 week period
- Dedicated business development scorecard and 4DX website management
- Assist the VP of Business Development as needed in the training/acclimation to CRE of new Dedicated Business Development Directors
- Adapt to changes in company focus/goals and personnel as needed
ob qualifications may include, but not be limited to:
- Keep divisional leadership informed of project priorities and any issues that may require their attention
- Work with other departments to establish and achieve goals, align priorities and define departmental processes
- 4DX coaching and mentoring- executive and frontline managers
- Participate in continuing education to stay current with the marketplace on lead generation and sales techniques. Share new information from training and make internal changes, cascade training to others as appropriate
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so at all times.
- Always conduct yourself in a manner that reflects a positive, professional image. Must maintain a professional appearance in accordance with dress code policies.
- Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect and recognition.
- Work productively and collaboratively with direct supervisor and peers.
- Display and encourage teamwork and willingness to be a problem solver. Provide excellent customer service.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the company and ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to all standards set for by the company.
Job qualifications may include, but not be limited to:
- Position requires expertise in pipeline and data management, scorecard development and tracking, RFI management for new accounts and RFP’s
- Additional expertise for this position includes extensive knowledge in lead generation
- Ability to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for majority of tasks and must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Able to multi-task and be self- managed and motivated as work is performed offsite
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required for both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of commercial data and solutions
- Demonstrate a track record of success working with executive level clients
- Microsoft Office proficient- Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- CRM Microsoft Dynamics, Hoovers and Fleet Seek proficient (super user preferred)
- Excellent consultative selling phone skills
- Passion for growing business and ability to thrive in a fast paced changing work environment
- Capable of hearing, with our without correction, sufficiently to perceive normal speaking levels and receive detailed information through oral communication in order to facilitate meetings and work with internal customers and stakeholders by telephone and in person.
- Position may involve kneeling, stooping, bending, pushing, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 35 pounds.
- Capable of sitting at a desk for extended periods of time and working with computer equipment.
- Capable of speaking, writing, and reading English well and possessing a good command of the language so that various types of communications may be conducted in English with people of various levels of education and capabilities.
- Capable of visual acuity, with or without correction, sufficient to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer terminal, and read extensively
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a specified field or business-related field and commensurate work-related experience.
- Transportation industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in software, e-commerce, and procurement practices
- Experience working in internal or external sales department
Working Environment and Conditions:
- Must have the ability to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and/or delays.
- Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances.
- Must be able to handle incoming requests for assistance via phone and in person while working on other tasks.
- Must remain professional in light of challenging situations that may occur in the location.
- Occasional travel by air to corporate office or other corporate functions.