C.R. England Spartanburg, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Now hiring an Account Supervisor for our Dedicated division at our Spartanburg, SC office. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity. Transportation experience is a prerequisite for this position.
C.R. England is a 100-year old leader in the transportation industry and is the largest temperature-controlled carrier in the world. We are growing and immediately hiring a Operations Manager in our Colton, CA location. Responsible for Network Management and Operations Staff with an emphasis on safety, driver retention, customer service, production, utilization of assets and team building.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 100 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade. We will continue growing as we approach our second century.
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday; 0700-1700*
Account Supervisor will manage asset utilization and drivers to ensure a high delivery of customer service and fleet profitability. Additional, the Account Supervisor assists, coaches, and mentors derivers with all trainings of employees and administrative operations.
Direct and indirect management of drivers, office staff and customer account(s).
- Direct management and oversight of the Transportation Network Coordinators’ and Logistics Coordinator’s’ day to day operations.
- Management of freight, including management of drivers’ hours under DOT regulations to ensure freight is delivered in a safe and timely manner.
- Manage use of all assets including trucks and trailers with an emphasis on utilization which may include slip-seating for some local accounts.
- Be a leader in encouragement and enforcement of company’s safety standards. Work with Safety department to track trends, be proactive and determine root causes and solutions for accidents and other safety concerns. Manage compliance of drivers and safety training requirements monthly.
- Communicate with customer proactively and professionally. Work to ensure all freight commitments are being met and customers’ needs are addressed timely.
- Working to avoid lapses in communication that may affect the customer.
- Handle urgent situations in a professional manner.
Essential job requirements may include, but not limited to:
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work effectively independently or in a team environment.
- Work with other department leaders to establish goals, align priorities and define departmental processes.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so at all times.
- Always conduct yourself in a manner that reflects a positive, professional image. Must maintain a professional appearance in accordance with dress code policies.
- Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect and recognition.
- Work productively and collaboratively with direct supervisor and peers.
- Display and encourage teamwork and willingness to be a problem solver. Provide excellent customer service.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the company and ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to all standards set for by the company.
- Must be able to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for majority of tasks.
Job qualifications may include, but not limited to:
- Ability to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for majority of tasks and must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Proficient with Excel and other reporting capabilities.
- Knowledge of industry-specific logistics programs.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with drivers, other personnel, customers, and management.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Capable of hearing, with our without correction, sufficiently to perceive normal speaking levels and receive detailed information through oral communication in order to facilitate meetings and work with internal customers and stakeholders by telephone and in person.
- Position may involve kneeling, stooping, bending, pushing, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25 pounds.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends, holidays and various shifts (to include evening and night shifts) as necessary.
- Capable of sitting at a desk for extended periods of time and working with computer equipment.
- Capable of speaking, writing, and reading English well and possessing a good command of the language so that various types of communications may be conducted in English with people of various levels of education and capabilities.
- Capable of visual acuity, with or without correction, sufficient to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer terminal, and read extensively.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 4 year degree in related field preferred or equivalent on the job work experience.
- Transportation industry experience preferred.
- Industry used program knowledge preferred.
Working Environment and Conditions:
- Must have the ability to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and/or delays.
- Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances.
- Must be able to handle incoming requests for assistance via phone and in person while working on other tasks.
- Must remain professional in light of challenging situations that may occur in the location.
- May be required to work in customer location. Must follow customer rules and requirements in areas such as dress code, access, hours, etc.
- Occasional travel by air or car.
C.R. EnglandWhy Work Here?
2020 USA Best Managed Companies
Founded in 1920, C.R. England, Inc. corporate headquarters are located in Salt Lake City, Utah and is one of North America's largest transportation companies and the worlds largest temperature-controlled carrier. C.R. England services include National, Mexico, and Regional Truckload service in addition to Dedicated and Intermodal services. The company has facilities throughout the United States as well as in Mexico. This position will focus exclusively on U.S. facilities.