C.R. England, a leading transportation solutions provider, is interested in hiring a Dedicated Transportation Account Manager to grow its asset-based business out of our Albion, MI office.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 100 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade. We will continue growing as we approach our secon
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
The Account Manager is at the very center of a fast-paced strategic environment. Our customers require individuals who think strategically and plan ahead of rapidly changing situations while maintaining a positive team oriented attitude. Account Managers must be organized and engaged with the team.
This position directs and coordinates the management of a specific account and includes the management of driver managers, office staff in some locations, and drivers. Traffic Managers will manage asset utilization and drivers to ensure high delivery of customer service and fleet profitability. The Account Manager has responsibility for all aspects of a given account, including the day to day function of all staff and all drivers running on said account. Hire, train, and discipline, up to and including termination if needed. Manage and control costs and expenses.
Job requirements may include, but not be limited to:
- Direct office staff and drivers on day to day issues including the management of freight and the management of driver’s hours to ensure freight is delivered in a timely manner.
- Manage the use of all assets to include Drivers, Trucks and Trailers.
- Direct office staff and drivers in all aspects of safety.
- Work with customer to ensure freight commitments are being met and that the customer’s needs are being taken care of.
- Work on all Directives given by the Regional Operations Manager and Director of Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job qualifications may include, but not be limited to:
- The ideal candidate is a professional with excellent communication, management, coaching, leadership and organization skills.
- This job is highly demanding and requires patience and professionalism.
- 3 years of transportation industry is preferred.
- TMW operating system, Microsoft Office and related tools are all preferred.
- A four-year degree is preferred.