C.L. Services is a third-party transportation provider. We provide transportation solutions to major shippers (military, national retail, grocery, automotive, etc.) throughout North America. We have specialties in truckload, flatbed, LTL, intermodal and temperature control. We have been in business since 1997, we are debt free, members of the TIA, enjoy an impeccable reputation in the industry, and provide our customers with the Prosponsive® promise: To proactively respond and communicate quickly and honestly with all of our clients and vendors.
We are in search of a Carrier Compliance Specialist, to add to our growing, successful team! This role is responsible for the integrity and quality of carriers in C.L. Services’ TMS system, as well as accurate approval of new carriers added to the system. This person ensures carriers meet the minimum of C. L. Services, Inc.’s established due diligence standards prior to being used to transport our customers’ freight (risk management).
This person will manage the freight claims process, and is expected to maintain an above-average knowledge of the software and tools available and to be a resource to their peers to ensure a Prosponsive® standard of service. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
1) Responsible for inputting carriers into the TMS system and approving/denying them for use upon verification of carrier history.
2) Oversees carrier qualification files to ensure they meet the minimum CLS standards:
a) Responsible for uploading/scanning carrier documents (insurance, W-9, most current contract, certifications, a profile sheet, etc.) into the carrier file.
b) If carrier uploads documentation, responsible for verifying the accuracy of the documentation
3) Keeps Carrier Sales representative aware of any setup issues and/or missing documentation on a timely basis
4) Ensures carrier insurance is up-to-date
5) Track and resolve all freight claims while maintaining status communication with CFO and Operations Manager
6) Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers
7) Participates and provides expertise as a member of the operations departmental team
8) Provides input for streamlining processes
9) Daily input of new carriers for the carrier sales team on an as-needed basis
10) Responsible for accurately inputting carriers into the TMS, with a sense of urgency
11) Stays highly organized with respect to claims
12) Keeps open communication Carrier Sales Team
13) Other duties as assigned.
Basic Computer Knowledge
Efficiency in Microsoft Outlook (email)
Excellent oral communication skills—listens and gets clarification
Excellent written communication skills— writes legibly, clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Problem solving skills—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
Ability to follow directions, but also be proactive and independent in initiating and completing tasks
Time management skills
Dependability and ability to follow instructions and respond to management direction
Ability to multitask and complete tasks correctly and on time
Adaptability in managing competing demands and learning new skills
Integrity and professionalism
Attention to Detail