- Immediate full time opening available for a family law paralegal in a very busy law practice to assist two attorneys in matters involving divorce, property, custody, Modifications, paternity and adoption issues.
- Strong case and time management skills for as many as 150 cases,
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills,
- Provide step by step instructions to fill out family law court forms,
- Review and prepare family law pleadings,
- Perform legal and factual research,
- Identify relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes and other pertinent,
- Prepare correspondence,
- Check and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy,
- Organize and track case files,
- Prepare evidence packets for use at hearings, trials, draft legal documents using Form Builder, prepare evidence summaries, and handle discovery requests and responses to discovery requests,
- Help with trial preparation including witness lists, exhibits and trial binders,
- High competency regarding the family law litigation process.
- To be selected for this position, you must possess a minimum of 5 years of solid litigation experience with drafting petitions/final orders, divorce decrees, motion practice, e-filing, handling exhibits at hearings and discovery, coordinate mediation’s with mediator, opposing counsel and prepare mediation packets. Have clear and competent oral and written communication skills, be organized, and possess problem-solving and decision-making skills. Have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, demanding litigation environment. Our practice requires significant experience with Form Builder, Family Law Practice Manual, the family code, creating trial notebooks, and creating/utilizing excel spreadsheets and high volume drafting. College degree is preferred, and/or paralegal certification. All candidates must clear a criminal background check. Must live with 10 miles from the location. Must be Board Certified.
*Please do not call our office as we are only accepting resumes at this time.