C.D. Smith Construction, Inc. Madison, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This role has primary responsibility for all field activities associated with job site construction projects. The Superintendent is responsible for ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Provides on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects including trades and craft workers, subcontractors, material and equipment. The Superintendent directs the day-to-day activities including scheduling, inspections, quality control, training and job site safety.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Manage all day-to-day field operations and activities to ensure project milestone dates and overall project timelines are met and productivity is maximized.
Build effective relationships with employees, project managers, subcontractors, suppliers, and owners.
- Thoroughly understand all project specifications, the contract’s general conditions and confirm all materials and subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality specifications.
- Responsible for execution of the established schedule and ensure consistent follow-up and communication on progress with project managers and owners.
- Organize, coordinate, and supervise the work of the Foreman and employees on the job site.
- Determine work priorities, estimates manpower needs, and assigns work activities among employees according to abilities or specialized training.
- Coordinate and track job-site materials, equipment and subcontractors.
- Manage all labor costs related to project. Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions.
- Ensure employees are trained on work standards, duties of job, job site rules, safety standards and regulations.
- Complete and maintain project documents including equipment maintenance reports, activity logs, safety reports and time keeping records.
- Lead inspection of day to day construction work to enforce conformity to specifications of contract.
- Responsible the quality control of the site / project.
- Act as an adviser on job related problems.
- Manage employee performance and disciplines as needed.
- Responsible for creating a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness.
- Ensure project closeout process is finalized, demobilize all resources, and transition project to the owner along with the Project Manager
- Associate Degree in Construction Management or similar field, or a Journeyman status in a building trade, or a combination of high school diploma with relevant experience and related certifications, AND,
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction industry on complex projects, AND,
- Minimum 3 years of direct supervisory experience.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of a wide range of construction materials, methods, and techniques.
- Must be capable of reading and comprehending blueprints and specifications for institutional, commercial and industrial projects.
- Ability to develop Relationships with key stakeholder, such as owners, subcontractors, project managers, field employees
- Solid understanding of project cost analysis.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, Email and other software used in the construction industry.
- Ability to travel and work in remote locations.
C.D. Smith Construction, Inc.
ConstructionView all jobs at C.D. Smith Construction, Inc.