Position Job Description: Production Operator/Assembler 12/26/18 rev 1
The Production Operator/Assembler will play a key role in C Technologies success. They are responsible for performing the manufacturing process required to make our products. The Operator/Assembler will be cross trained in all functions of production. They are responsible for all aspects of fabrication from receiving the raw materials from inventory, completing basic in-process inspection and documentation, accurately tracking their time and waste, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and self-inspection prior to final QA Inspection. There are a variety of forms to be completed, documents to follow (e.g. daily production logs, work instructions, maintenance logs, epoxy instructions, work order traveler), and interface with computer programs. Operator/Assembler needs to have a commitment to quality, willingness to learn and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. The Operator/Assembler needs to be able to manage multiple tasks, deliver completed product in accordance with designated schedules, have the ability to remain engaged and be detail oriented.
Relationships & Communication:
Production Manager, Inventory Clerk, Quality Control, Engineering, Co-Workers
Qualifications: The employee in this role should have some or all of the following characteristics / qualifications:
High School Diploma/GED
Previous experience in hand assembly work
Ability to read and comprehend prints/drawings, work instructions, SOP, and work orders.
Previous experience working with small delicate parts.
Microscope experience is a plus
Basic documentation and computer familiarity.
Knowledge of basic math and measurements.
Ability to remain focused on work, as well as have attention to detail after repetitive actions for several hours.
Ability to see and determine identification in color coding for assembly
Ability to use hand tools to perform adjustments and maintenance on equipment.
Ability to clearly communicate verbally, in writing, and to listen.
Willingness to learn
Ability to work independently or in a team environment
*Qualifications are updated through the corresponding CF0216 CHECK.
Essential Responsibilities: The following list highlights the key responsibilities/tasks.
1. Perform hand assembly of fiber optic cables and accessories
2. Willingness and flexibility to cross-train throughout entire production department.
3. High attention to detail and self-motivation skills.
4. Must be able to lift 25lbs., push and pull a maximum of 50lbs.
5. Possess manual dexterity to put small parts or pieces together quickly and accurately.
6. Strong organizational and mechanical skills.
7. Ability to accurately read measurement tools and perform basic math calculations.
8. Ability to read drawings, work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP).
9. Self-starting team player with a positive attitude and good communication.
10. Responsible for accurate bar-coding labor time into work orders.
11. Responsible for maintaining accurate “Floor Stock” Inventory.
12. Ability to communicate via Company email.
13. Work effectively as a team member contributing to a positive workplace.
14. Finished work expected to be neat, orderly, and repeatable.
15. Continuously complete assigned tasks and meet production goals.
16. Attend production meetings.
17. Participate in cooperative training efforts.
18. Work on team based continuous improvement projects.
19. Should always ask questions when unsure.
20. Timely reporting of Non-conforming products.
21. Daily reporting of production status
22. Report on time.
23. Must be diligent and accurate in filling out paper work
24. Be organized and maintain cleanliness of his/her designated work area.
25. Monitors quality control in accordance with company policies.
26. Mindful of safety at all times.
27. Operate & maintain Dicing/cutting machine.
28. Operate & maintain Lapping/polishing machines.
29. Polish and clean finished product.
30. Perform set up of raw material.
31. Perform routine maintenance on all Production equipment.
32. Complete “Daily Production” log.
33. Report all non-conformities to Production Manager.
34. Responsible for accurate Bar-coding Labor Time into Work Orders.
35. Responsible for filling out proper paper work regarding Non-Conformities and material usage.
36. Responsible for managing their own schedules and deliveries for multiple work orders.
37. Responsible for preparing epoxy.
38. Measure, cut, and count materials according to the specification.
39. Responsible for properly tracking materials with their corresponding work orders.
40. Inspect product with gages, Calipers and microscopes.
· Small Hand Tools
· Razor Blades
· Abrasive Wheel
· Diamond Wheel
· Polishing Machine
· Small Ovens/Hot plates
· Magnetic Agitation Plate
· Peristaltic Pump
· High Weight/Low Weight Digital Scale
· Torque Screw Drivers
· Screw Drivers
· Heat Guns
· Dremel Tool
· Small Polishing Fixtures
· Vacuum Sealing Machine
· Packaging Materials
· Polishing Pads
· HeNe Lasers
· Microscope and other magnification system
· Ruler/Tape measure
· Force and Measuring gauges
· Laser consoles
· Hydraulic crimping machine
· Ultra-Sonic Cleaner
· Lens Forming Machine
· Fiber Cutting Machines
· Manual Crimping Tool
· Polishing Plates
· Glass Beakers
· Tape Machine