The Laboratory Support Specialist (LSS) is responsible for providing technical assistance and expertise to the C Technologies, Inc. (CTI) sales force and customers related to the laboratory instrumentation its sells and supports. The laboratory technology developed and marketed by CTI includes spectroscopy instrumentation most notably the SoloVPE variable path length UV/Vis spectrophotometer system. The system is sold primarily into the pharmaceutical and biotech industry and is commonly used for quantifying concentrations of proteins and antibodies in drug discovery and development, manufacturing and quality assurance.
The LSS will provide support both at CTI and on site at customer locations. The type of support will include system qualifications (Installation, Operation and Performance (IQOQPQ), product testing, system maintenance and customer training. Delivering training and support will involve travel to customer locations both domestic and international. Training will be provided by CTI Relationships & Communication: The employee in the role of SSS will maintain the following relationships and communications channels.
Instruments Service Manager
The LSS will interact with all departments in the organization.
Essential Responsibilities: The following list highlights the key responsibilities/tasks that are the primary responsibility of the LSS.
· Learn the fundamental principles of Slope Spectroscopy and the theory of operation of the SoloVPE spectrophotometer system.
· Learn how to operate the SoloVPE system and its components
· Learn how to maintain and repair the SoloVPE system and its components.
· Perform Sample testing on customer samples and in support of product development and sales.
· Train Customers on the theory and operation of the SoloVPE system
· Perform Installation, Operational and Performance Qualifications of the SoloVPE system.
· Provide in house technical support to Sales and CTI Customers
· Provide on-site technical support to CTI Customers
· Provide help desk and troubleshooting support to customers (in person and remotely)
· Support the CTI Sales Force with testing, reporting and customer interactions.
· Facilitate the SoloVPE Demo/Loaner System Programs including performing verification testing of demo systems upon return and prior to shipment.
· Document activities on the CTI ERP and CRM software platforms.
· Significant Domestic and International travel as required alone and together with sales.
Excellent computer skills required
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Strong Organizational skills required.
Comfortable working and repairing equipment.
Qualifications: The employee in this role should have some or all of the following characteristics/qualifications.
Bachelor’s Degree – related field (e.g. Biology, Chemistry)
Laboratory Experience Required