C Technologies, Inc. is seeking an Engineering Technician to work in the product development engineering group of its fiber optic and instrument business units. The products involved are optical fiber based assemblies and instruments that are used in a wide range of industries including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, science and technology, telecommunications, metrology and others.
This individual will be under direct supervision of engineering manager and collaborate with engineering team in the build and testing of designed electrical and mechanical assemblies. The individual has the chance to exercise your engineering skills to ensure that our projects are completed on time and within budget. This individual will support prototype component assembly, new product assembly, construction of test fixtures, system upgrades, system maintenance, test execution and data collection.
Relationships & Communication:
Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering
Associate degree in engineering technology or postsecondary training in mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering technology.
Minimum of 5 years of engineering technician experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
Familiar with automation & instrumentation components or systems.
SolidWorks 2D, 3D, & assembly.
Hands-on skills in the build of prototype and production mechanical/electrical assemblies.
Familiar with mechanical and electrical assembly instructions.
Experience in design and fabrication of test fixtures.
Knowledge in reading mechanical and electrical detailed design drawings.
Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required.
Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic.
*Qualifications are updated through the corresponding CF0216 CHECK.
Essential Responsibilities: The following list highlights the key responsibilities/tasks.
- Assist engineers as they create, modify, and test products and processes
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and of parts as they would be used to investigate product performance
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in products or test methods
- Compare test results to design specifications and test objectives
- Review instructions and drawings for the project to ensure the test specifications and procedures are followed and objectives are met
- Evaluate design drawings for new or changed tools by measuring dimensions on the drawings and comparing them with the original specifications
- Prepare layouts and drawings of parts to be made and of the process for putting them together
· Plan, produce, and assemble new or changed mechanical parts for products
· Build test fixtures to support hardware builds and system level testing
· Fabricate and post process components using machine shop or rapid prototyping technologies
· Assist in identifying vendors and components for mechanical and electronics designs
- Estimate labor costs, equipment life, and plant space
- Test and inspect machines and equipment or work with engineers to eliminate production problems
- Operation and maintain machine shop equipment
· Perform other duties as required