Corporate Carbon Sales Manager - EMEA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Background to CQC
C-Quest Capital LLC (CQC) is a leading global carbon project developer, social impact investor and climate finance specialist. Our mission is to transform the lives of families in the poorest communities in developing countries by providing access to clean and sustainable energy solutions and improving the health and wellbeing of women and children. We do this through making investments in carbon reduction and removal programs, which provide clean and efficient energy appliances, small-scale agriculture and forestry services to the rural poor.
CQC’s carbon programs have improved the lives of over 20 million people in Africa, India, Southeast Asia and Central America. Our ambition is to reach over 175 million people by 2035 and we are well on our path to do so with current committed funding.
CQC is headquartered in Washington DC, USA, with subsidiaries in India, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia and Australia.
CQC is hiring a Corporate Carbon Sales Manager for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) to meet the increasing demand from companies and sovereigns in the region for carbon and sustainability solutions. This new role reports to CQC’s Regional Sales and Business Development Director. The candidate will be responsible for driving commercial activities, particularly sale of carbon credits and assets, to organizations based in or operating in EMEA.
- Help to build a high quality, diverse base of customers as well as to support the sales and contract negotiation efforts:
- Engage with customers to define attractive deals to maximize returns on CQC’s carbon asset portfolio
- To provide support our joint marketing partner(s) to be the counterpart for key EMEA direct and channel sales
- Support across the identification and development of new business opportunities in the region:
- Help to ensure CQC is well placed and regarded in the market and qualifies for RFPs and tenders from major market counterparts in the region
- Proactively identify potential opportunities that could drive sales or improve sales efficiency (e.g. partnerships)
- Enhance the CQC brand awareness in the region:
- Support sales efforts by representing CQC at key conferences and events
- Support the marketing team to execute activities that help educate the market and advocate for CQC’s products and services
- Support to provide marketing team with local market insights to support development of regional marketing initiatives
Relevant Skills and Experiences:
The successful candidate is likely to have the following prior experiences and training/qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 years of working experience of which at least 4+ years in B2B sales and business development
- Strong track record for achieving listing and approaching targets focused on driving growth in a business
- Strong understanding of the carbon and environmental products markets (compliance and voluntary) with current relationships with major corporate buyers in the EMEA region a plus
- Proven experience in the implementation of voluntary carbon offset program (Verra, Gold Standard, CDM)
- Experience of stakeholder engagement and analysis including interviews, workshops, and benchmarking
- Knowledge and/or experience in carbon accounting (GHG Protocol, ISO norm) is a plus
- Excellent communications, negotiations, relationship building and time management skills
- Demonstrable commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- Fluent in English and one or more European languages (French or German preferred)
- A great negotiator who can create a win-win outcome for the Company and its customers
- Good writing skills, with an ability to produce well-structured documents and reports
- Strong motivation, curiosity, ability to undertake and work in a team
- Able to own and deliver against strategic initiatives and sales objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Ability to work well remotely and collaborate with international team members
- An interest in climate change, the carbon markets, and helping the rural poor in less developed countries in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Performance-driven annual bonus, the quantum of which will be dependent on achieving personal targets
Get fresh Java Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!