Cava Companies is a local leader in the residential real estate industry and residential rental management business. We are a medium-sized business consisting of top producing friendly and positive people. Our senior management and staff have extensive experience in real estate development, finance, economic development, project management, leasing, and property management. We have in-depth knowledge of the Richmond market, contacts, and the growth trend of this great city.
Our company provides:
- A place to come perform and excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy slowing you down. What this means is the autonomy to do your work without distractions from layers of management.
- A smaller team where your contribution is truly appreciated by all involved.
- A friendly and positive team environment, free of drama and negativity.
- A stable and reliable business that will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities. We double in size about every three years at our current pace. We hire self-starters that are looking to grow and aggressively promote from within.
- We are well run and you will get exposure to every facet of real estate. In this role you will have exposure to the CEO, Director of Construction, and property management. Plus, we want our staff to fully understand our business so you will see homes before, during and after repairs.
- As mentioned, we are a quick-moving and nimble company, so you will have freedoms to make an immediate impact on our business. Whether it be technology enhancements, process improvements, or team building activities, we here at Cava Companies embrace your innovative solutions.
Essential Job Functions
· Performs minor and major repair of all properties and equipment.
· Replaces broken windows; repairs doors, door locks and closets; installs window blinds.
· Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on property equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
· Repairs electrical equipment and control circuits; replaces faulty electrical switches; repairs HVAC equipment.
· Small appliance repair to include refrigerators, hood fans, ranges, and others as needed.
· Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required and per company policy.
· Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required.
· Minor cleanup where needed and appropriate.
Move-In, Move-Out and Regular Property Inspections
· Assists with the renovation/remodeling of properties; repairs plaster and drywall; paints property structures
· Performs quarterly property inspections, fixes issues and bills tenants where applicable.
Billing and Ordering
· Completes written work orders with appropriate detail.
· May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
· Determines, orders and maintains appropriate levels of maintenance repair items and supplies per company regulations.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· HVAC experience preferred.
· One year of responsible experience in property maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
· Valid Virginia Driver's License.