All C-A-L Ranch Stores employees are required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screening. Store Managers are required to complete and pass a fit for duty pre-employment physical. Store Managers are required to complete and pass an extended background screening.
Reports To: Regional Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Manages retail store engaged in selling specific, related, or general lines of merchandise by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This position is salaried and exempt from overtime pay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties.
· Formulates pricing policies on merchandise according to requirements for profitability of store operations.
· Assigns duties to workers and schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations.
· Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing, merchandise displays and advertising copy.
· Supervises employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, or preparing daily record of transactions for Accountant, or performs work of subordinates, as needed.
· Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand.
· Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, and recordkeeping procedures and practices.
· Answers customer's complaints or inquiries.
· Responsible for helping with financial performance of store merchandise placement, sales, expense management and achievement of profitability goals.
· Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing merchandise displays. Trains workers in store policies, department procedures, and job duties.
· Inspects merchandise to ensure it is correctly priced and displayed.
· Recommends additions to or deletions of merchandise to be sold in department. Listens to customer complaints, examines returned merchandise, and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations.
· Able to operate pallet jacks, forklifts, and miscellaneous carts in a safe manner. Become forklift certified, and maintain certification.
· Assists sales workers in completing difficult sales.
· Sells merchandise.
· Approves checks written for payment of merchandise purchased in department.
· Plans department layout or merchandise or advertising display.
· Locks and secures store.
· This position requires the ability to safely handle firearms and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearms regulations. This position also requires that you process all firearms transactions in an efficient manner in accordance with all internal policies, procedures, and applicable law. This position initiates 4473 forms with customers and is responsible for conducting final check of applicable company, state, and federal forms prior to a firearm being transferred to the customer.
· Store Managers must be physically present at the C-A-L Ranch Store. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to use hands, balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up 50 pounds occasionally engaging in assisted lifting over 50 pounds.
· Employee must be able to understand and communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
· Manager’s role is to model desired behaviors and create an environment and culture in which employees are able to work safely. The Manager is held accountable for all safety policies and conditions in and around their store. They are required to work effectively with Loss Prevention as a member of the Safety Committee.
Manages 3-5 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 20-45 employees in throughout the different departments of the store such as Clothing, Sporting Goods, Animal Health and Hardware. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises the entire staff of 20-45 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The supervisory duties listed above will be your primary duties. You will spend more than 50% of your time on these duties.
· To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments.
· Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measure; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education and/or Experience- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
· Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Payroll systems and Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the manager is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The manager is frequently required to use hands, balance and talk or hear. The manager is occasionally required to sit. The manager must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally engage in assisted lifting of over 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.