All C-A-L Ranch Stores employees are required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screening and background screening.
All C-A-L Ranch Stores Receivers are required to complete and pass a fit for duty pre-employment physical.
Reports To: Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The receiver plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Responsible for safe, accurate and efficient receiving and stocking of inbound freight.
· Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, and requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
· Unloads trucks and has accurate check-ins of received merchandise.
· Loads and unloads trucks with heavy, irregular-shaped merchandise.
· Regularly lifts up to 50 lbs.; moves, and unloads merchandise in a safe manner.
· Accurately receives and prices various merchandise.
· Has a complete understanding of the check-in process to maintain accurate inventory.
· Carries materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas.
· Keeps receiving area organized and clean.
· Able to operate pallet jacks, forklifts, and miscellaneous carts in a safe manner.
· Communicates with customers, drivers, and other employees in a courteous and professional manner.
· Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined classification such as size, type, style, and color or product code.
· Fills requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers.
· Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves; conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
· Marks materials with identifying information.
· Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
· Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
· Weighs or counts items for distribution within store to ensure conformance to company standards.
· Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
· Uses computer to enter records.
· Compiles worksheets or tickets for customer specifications.
· Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
· Prepares parcels for mailing.
· Maintains inventory records.
· Completes receiving documentation both electronically and in written form.
· Assists in the training of back-up receiver.
· Complies with all C-A-L Ranch Stores’ policies and procedures regarding receiving.
· Employee must be able to understand and communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Technical Capacity
3. Communication Proficiency
4. Ethical Conduct
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical presence at the C-A-L Ranch Store location is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee is frequently required to use hands, balance, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and will occasionally engage in assisted lifting over 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.