Quality Assurance Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
C+K Plastics is a state-of-the-art thermoformer with a broad range of services and capabilities—from pressure and twin-sheet forming to heavy-gauge vacuum forming and secondary operations. C+K Plastics continually strives to stay on the leading edge of new technological advancements. This ensures that we are always able to offer innovative, cost-effective solutions for any thermoformed application. C+K has been family owned and operated since 1963 with three separate locations in New Jersey, Georgia, and North Carolina.
C+K leadership promotes teamwork, integrity, and respect among both our internal team and our external partners. C+K is committed to enhancing our customer satisfaction and will continue to support the success of our customers by empowering our employees to grow and develop as the company continually grows and expands. C+K employees are self-starters, detail-orientated and adaptable. We are currently hiring for the position of Quality Assurance Manager for our corporate office. This position will be based out of Metuchen, NJ.
In alignment with company vision, mission, values, and objectives, the Quality Assurance Manager oversees the Quality Managements System and ensures parts are manufactured to customer requirements.
- Maintains the Quality Management System for compliance with customer, ISO 9001, local, state, and federal requirements and assures that it is continually reviewed and improved.
- Supports manufacturing by ensuring the timely completion of part quality documentation requirements including but not limited to: first article inspection reports, ballooned drawings, inspection check sheets, SPC charts, process flow diagrams, process failure mode and effects analysis’, process control plans, dimensional layout requirements, part submission warrants, capability study, and measurement system analysis.
- Participates as member of management team in formulating and establishing organizational policies, company goals, and operating procedures for company.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates quality assurance program and quality department staff.
- Analyzes, evaluates and presents information concerning key performance indicators. Suggests improvement ideas or corrective action activities in reaction to data.
- Assists the management team in assessing training needs that impact critical areas of the quality system.
- Evaluates and responds to customer complaints, deviation requests, and revision changes.
- Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supplier quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders, and vendor quality standards.
- Confers with manufacturing and engineering management about quality assurance of new product designs. Reviews all documentation for new products to ensure customer requirements can be met and develops inspection plan for new products.
- Manages the Internal Auditing Program, recruits internal auditors and oversees training requirements.
- Assists with all quality tasks as needed including mechanical inspection.
- Minimum Associate in Applied Science degree.
- Experience in ISO 9000 in a mature quality environment required.
- 5 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment. Plastics manufacturing experience preferred.
- Lead Assessor/Lead Auditor Certification from an accredited institute preferred.
- Experience with mechanical inspection required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate quality system development.
- Ability to read and interpret part blueprints and 3d models.
- Ability to integrate analysis of data to discover facts and/or develop knowledge concepts or interpretations.
- Knowledge of statistics and sampling techniques.
- Accomplished in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Possess sound judgment, analytical skills, and perseverance.
- Ability to interface with management and personnel throughout the organization in an objective manner.
- Ability to coordinate and manage a team of auditors.
- Ability to manage an audit, keep the audit team within the scope or the audit, and assess situations related to potential problems or conflicts and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to train, teach and mentor subordinates to develop a strong team.
- Ability to define, drive and implement change.
- Ability to perceive situations in a realistic way, to understand complex situations from a broad perspective, and understand the role of individual units within the overall organization.
- Knowledge of technical writing skills, including grammar, sentence structure, and targeted reading audience.
- Conversant in the theory, principles, and methods of effective and persuasive speaking, voice and diction, phonetics, and discussion and debate.
- Read and interpret scientific and technical journals, abstracts, financial reports and legal documents.
The employee will work in a lab and office environment. Occasionally need to access manufacturing floor. May travel to visit customers – at times stay overnight if needed.
Must be capable of wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) necessary to comply with government and company safety standards
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Bonus Pay
C & K Plastics Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?